Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pictures from the oxford meet - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pictures from the oxford meet

Paul C

Guest Troy Halliday
Cool - we only tailed a measly F360, then the BMW crew started cutting us both up etc  :D  Really needed Bibo backup, with the flying Fishy as well we could have boxed the buggers in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had you looked over to your left you would have seen me there on the M40 I was along side for quite a while. Didn't see the BMW but managed to cut the Ferarri up a few times. When he got in front of me, I went of at a junction and back onto the motorway again. He must of thought there was Esprits everywhere. :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas I only managed a Sierra Cossy on the way home. Was behind him on the M25 but we managed one short banzai when there a bit of space.

The Cossy was pretty impressive for a 20 year old car. Up to 100 I was gainly only a bit (though I was in the wrong gear - forth - third would have been much better). I suspect he had the bog standard popular 330bhp mod. For the Cossy this is the cut off point where power can be gained at relatively little cost. Above that the price jumps since new turbos, injectors, etc., are all required.

But over 100 I I was really backing off. No doubt helped by the fact that the Sierra has the aerodynamics of a brick. Hit 130 and whoof - clouds of black smoke from his exhaust. He pulled in but not over so I think he still had drive. Suspect the turbo disintegreated. Least it didn't do so over me!

Another notch in the me vs filth gear saga :D

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Guest Troy Halliday

Oh thought I'd better add we were not talking high speed persuit here there was a hell of a lot of traffic with the occasional free flowing gap :D

Kato,

What happened to the film clip?

It was widescreen when it left me and the quality has taken a real hammering.

Did you compress it again?

I'm shooting everything in broadcast quality 16:9 widescreen.

The original footage looks good.

Alan

Had you looked over to your left you would have seen me there on the M40 I was along side for quite a while. Didn't see the BMW but managed to cut the Ferarri up a few times. When he got in front of me, I went of at a junction and back onto the motorway again. He must of thought there was Esprits everywhere. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm I did see you but only when you zoomed past on the inside lane to turn off :D

Strange you must have been right in my blind spot - I always check my mirrors every few moments on the motorway incase I have to dive out of some idiots way, having said that I was nearly nodding off in that traffic.

A Hyundi coupe / golf sliced me up nicely then an X5 and Z4 were trying to push us along, the Ferrari was only doing about 90mph, he pulled in and I followed and let them go....One of my pet hates when you're in fast moving traffic is when people try and undertake you into your braking/safety zone and nearly always cause an accident doing so.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

For people having trouble watching the video - try pausing it... It will then continue buffering to your PC in the background - so leave it for a few minutes until it's done and then you can watch it uninterrupted :D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Looks like you guys had great day out - wish I could have been there!!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Well yes it was a great day.

Only comment would be that i personally would not like the talks first all the time as for those that have other halfs in tow this is probably the worst bit.

If it was deemed better then i think two times should be confirmed ariive for talks and then arrive for run. Just my thoughts.

As for the journey home it wasnt exactally great fun for me having lost fith on the M40 so was crusing along in 4th although did geat a wave from a testerossa(sp?)

Great day anyway despite the weather.

Well yes it was a great day.

Only comment would be that i personally would not like the talks first all the time as for those that have other halfs in tow this is probably the worst bit.

If it was deemed better then i think two times should be confirmed ariive for talks and then arrive for run. Just my thoughts.

As for the journey home it wasnt exactally great fun for me having lost fith on the M40 so was crusing along in 4th although did geat a wave from a testerossa(sp?)

Great day anyway despite the weather.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After hearing Dereks talk about the fifth gear being stuck on precariously, it probably did you a favour :)

Youtube doesn't cater for widescreen unfortunately. I can't host them on LEW, as with the amount of downloads, it kills the sites bandwidth. It's only been on there 24hrs and it's already been hit 100 times!

As fishy mentioned. Pause it and let the gray bar get a headstart. Play perfect if you let the bar finish before playing it.

Files 5.3mg, so it's a little large to email people.

As for the day, we are looking are rearranging it a little to make it better. Not sure what to do about the 'other halves'!

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

I was going to meander home, then I caught up with an SL55 that was trying to overtake something in front. Before he could, I wiped them both out with SL55 in hot pursuit. He just couldn't keep up though and after a while I gave up and followed a slow truck. Guess who showed up about 2 minutes later. I didn't get to wave at him as he never got passed me. Must've really annoyed him :)

Jason

Land Rover Discovery II & waiting on next Esprit

Nick, go to katos site, click news, scroll down to the oxford meet, click the link on the first line, saying read more about the day here and its at the bottom after the photos

i must be a bit dim :)  as i cant find the video anywhere...............any hints as to where to look ? Please  :)

Nick s4s

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For people having trouble watching the video - try pausing it... It will then continue buffering to your PC in the background - so leave it for a few minutes until it's done and then you can watch it uninterrupted :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Fishy works a treat that way.

Backmarker B)

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Nick, go to katos site, click news, scroll down to the oxford meet, click the link on the first line, saying read more about the day here and its at the bottom after the photos

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Ashley ,that worked a treat couldnt see it for looking :)

Simplest things first.

yet another great oxford run  :( and at least the weather held off.

it was great to be able to put some more faces to names too.. roll on the next meet!  :(

jez got back ok  :(

post-176-1145823445.jpg

sorry Jez, couldn't resist  :(

again,i must learn to type faster, Paul was the last post on before i started  :(

Dodgy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For those that are curious!

It looks like the clutch slave cylinder has gone, which is a bit worrying as I only bought it from PNM 16 months ago and I think it should last a bit longer than that. What do you guys think?

:(:P:(

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

Alan

Thanks for the reply, but that's not the case with me, I use my Esprit as a daily driver.................

:(

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle