Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tested the Evora S... - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tested the Evora S...

Captain

My LE was at the dealers for 1st year revision yesterday, and I'd been wanting to do it for a while to decide if I look for a trade-in or not... I thought it would interest some of you to have a comparison between a LE and a new S.

So, my impressions:

Inside, I didn't not see any change in built quality inside the cabin, except for the heated seats, that feel thicker. That was odd at the start, I had the impression to be seated higher, but I got used to it. For the rest it's exactly the same as my LE (no alcantara), and I didn't have problems of fit and finish inside the cabin, so that's good.

On the move, the car feels a lot heavier, I think the steering assistance has been reduced. The gear change is more precise, so I guess it would be easier for someone who's never driven an Evora, but for me it was a bit hard to operate.

The clutch pedal feels heavier but easier to operate, but you have less of a mechanical sensation. The brake pedal returns the same sensation.

The exhaust in normal mode is very quiet, and in Sport mode, louder but artificial. However, the whine of the supercharger is very exciting.

The car really comes to life while driving fast, it feels lighter, it revs very well. I didn't find it a lot faster than my LE (that works a bit better with the last ECU uppgrade) below 120 kph, but in 3rd and above it is much faster. I expected more character from the engine, it pushes but never surprise you. The salesman and I, together in the car represented an extra 500lbs, so it's possibly a factor...

After this ride however, I doubt that many cars can follow on small winding roads, but with the N/A, it's also the case.

This one had 18/19" wheels, and the ride was about as comfortable as my LE's (which is incredible), but it rolled a liiiiitle bit less in the corners. Well done Lotus.

I thought the car would be exactly like my LE, but much quicker. But it was very different, it made me feel a little bit less connected to the road. That reminded me of the test drive of a Cayman S I had a few months ago, and perhaps it's what some testers considered as "better build quality", but it appeared to me as an extra layer of filters everywhere: steering, clutch, brake. That said, It's a fantastic ride, that allow you to reach incredible speeds in confidence, and corners beautifully.

Voilà!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the very same impression

I also have a LE with sports exhaust and believe with the lasted G ecru the car is much better and responsive now.

I don't think its worth the extra premium.

It would be interesting to compare the Evora S and the N/A car if they both have the latest H version software.

My car goes in a week on Monday and I hope to get an S for the day.

Watch this space.....

I would be very surprised that your dealer has not updated the S to H version.

Our service manager now always tries the software upgrades on his demonstrators first to make sure the upgrade works rather than just applying it to a customers car in case there are problems.