Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What car these parts are from? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What car these parts are from?

Jussi

Question

Just get email from shop, they inform me about part-prizes I asked.

Are these expensive or not?

- Front brake pads 61 euros

- Upper ball joint 50 euros

- Anti roll bar's bushes 21 euros/each

- "tie rod's head" 100 euros (don't know exact english word).

We are very interested about brake pads and bushes about what car they are taken from. So I can order some toyota-parts or whatever they are from.

Those other parts I think I order them. There also will be cargo payment over these prizes.

Sorry about these confused questions, but I hope here is someone who can help.

Thanks

Jussi

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I didnt think the prices were too bad until you mentioned they were plus shipping!Does Finnish import duty have to be added also? Who are you dealing with? The front suspension on your car uses Triumph Spitfire upper balljoints and lower Trunnions. It has girling brake callipers The Toyota stuff came in 1985( different callipers, vented rotors, ball joints etc) Put the good Ferodo DS11 spec brake pads in it or you will have brake fade problems with your non-vented brakes :rolleyes: Wayne 83 Turbo

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for info B)

Front suspension is from Triumph Spitfire, from what year and model or does it matter?

What about those front brake pads (Ferodo DS11) which car they came from?

Those prizes include Finnish tax so I think there aren't any big payments above those. I try to buy those Triumph- and brake-parts from here and other parts I will order.

Theres a whole page on the web somewhere about parts interchangeability for the Giugiaro cars. Try a search, from memory I think its an American site, like Lotus Owners of San Francisco or something? Mind you I could have dreamed it all.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Theres a whole page on the web somewhere about parts interchangeability for the Giugiaro cars. Try a search, from memory I think its an American site, like Lotus Owners of San Francisco or something? Mind you I could have dreamed it all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did the search...with no good results :rolleyes:

Is it a good idea to start here new topic about parts (which car they came from). Or some list for good links to find parts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Mark, no you wasnt halucinating here it is http://www.gglotus.org/ggpart/espritxref.htm saw it ages ago. Doesnt mention yrs. of Turbo though. :rolleyes: Wayne 83 TurboEsprit / Spitfire/TR7/ Marina/ Princess/etc

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Yep, that I also know... I thought it wasn't so accurate (pre -88).

Ok. I use that as a guideline. Although my local "sparepart-shop" don't sell Spitfire's parts :rolleyes: so we have to order other than brake-pads...

Jussi

I have changed my front brakes on my 82 esprit turbo to vented discs with uprated pads through Kelvdon Motorsport. They have a web site http://www.racecar.co.uk/kelvedonlotus/

The guy to speak to is Pat - he is straight and the kit is far cheaper than a 4pot conversion with similar results. It stops the brake fade and the new pads stop the car as you would expect - quick.

Cya

pd

Thanks Paul.

But I'm still searching "donor-car", I'm sure those brake-pads are quite common...but from which car (mark, model).

Is it true that frond discs are from Opel Ascona? So brake pads might also came from Ascona :rolleyes:

Jussi

I have changed my front brakes on my 82 esprit turbo to vented discs with uprated pads through Kelvdon Motorsport. They have a web site http://www.racecar.co.uk/kelvedonlotus/

The guy to speak to is Pat - he is straight and the kit is far cheaper than a 4pot conversion with similar results. It stops the brake fade and the new pads stop the car as you would expect - quick.

Cya

pd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) Hi Paul, been to Kelvdons website ,no images prices of this conversion. Do you mind telling me how much it costs? Also do you have any images you could post? Thanks Wayne

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Anyone know where the window wiper comes from?  Or is this a Lotus only item?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi TSD, If you still have the original wiper (but just need a blade) a blade replacement kit for a 1997 up Pontiac Montanna /Chev Venture will work. Im presuming you are in the U.S. as your Esprit is a Federal and the background of your Avatar looks alot like Florida! :) Wayne (fellow white Federal Turbo Esprit owner) B)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Good guess - the car is originally from Phoenix but now in Belgium. I found it over the internet. Getting it imported and registered in Belgium took me 3-4 months, so just getting to know the car. You can imagine that good wipers become more relevant here than in Phoenix...

Today we changed upper ball joints and "tie rod end".

They came in normal bags (no Lotus logos anywhere), in the shop there were lying other Esprit parts in bags (with Lotus logos everywhere). So those parts fit some other car also.

Tie rod end cost 100euros. The old one has code: "37TR7357 L4", I guess it's from TR7? New one has code: "HG08A" and opposite side "62". I have pictures from those if anyone is interested?

So any idea what car those parts are from?

did your tie rod ends cost 100EUR each? that seems expensive. 100EUR for both would be more normal. I recently bought one from Lotus dealer and it was 57EUR but it did not come in a Lotus bag. I don't think the lotus markup on these parts is very high because they are so generic, probably coming from TWR or somesuch. it's the bits made by Lotus themselves that seem to be very expensive.

did your tie rod ends cost 100EUR each?  that seems expensive.  100EUR for both would be more normal.  I recently bought one from Lotus dealer and it was 57EUR but it did not come in a Lotus bag.  I don't think the lotus markup on these parts is very high because they are so generic, probably coming from TWR or somesuch.  it's the bits made by Lotus themselves that seem to be very expensive.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tie rod ends cost 100euros/each, I need only the right side one.

It came in normal bag, with no Lotus logos on it. So it's very expensive to be generic part :unsure:

Jussi, how much import duty do you pay on car parts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have VAT which is 22% from purchase price.

Don't know what other fees include those parts purchase price.

The whole front suspension of the earlier cars is Opel Ascona. Or here in New Zealand, Holden Torana. The Later cars used Triumph like arms and upper balljoints. Note the material on the arms is thicker so don't use triumph ones.

The prices quoted sound expensive. Can you buy direct from say SJsportscars.co.uk. I can get parts right around the world in 5-10 days. For example an upper ball joint in Lotus packaging cost me 17.49 GBP.

Also from the USA in about 4 days from JAE.

Most consumables off the shelf at local motor suppliers due to common fitting with British and Australian cars.

Delivery in 5-10days sounds good :unsure: if it's really to Finland also that fast.

That would be considering thing to order all the parts from somewhere else, for now I haven't got any courage to order from some unknown shop :blink:

Anyone know in what year front suspension changed from Opel Ascona, mine isn't from Ascona.

I'm pretty sure that the switch to Triumph front suspension parts happened with the introduction of the S3.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

But which bits are actually triumph?

The upper and lower a-arms are Lotus fabricated I think

The brakes are Toyota Supra (post '85?)

The shocks/springs must be Lotus tuned

Upper/lower balljoints?

Tie rods?

upright?

Anyway Jussi, you should be able to order parts from UK with 5-10 days shipment, 17.5%VAT, no duties, but the shipping costs aren't cheap. If you pick up from the Lotus dealer, I don't think you will pay shipping but you will pay the local prices + VAT. I've been buying from SJ but have also heard PNM are good/cheaper. Still, can be good to support your local dealer who hopefully will be there when you really need him...

I think only the ball joint is Triumph, the rest Supra.

Try the online catalogue of SJsportscars, at lest you will have an idea of cost. Don't be worried about buying online through these major suppliers. With forums like these they won't stay in business long if they give poor service.

I have had excellent service from suppliers I have mentioned above.

Thanks guys for your help.

I will support my "local dealer" also in future, but I will compare to other dealers also. And maybe try to order in future some parts from other suppliers also.