Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
September run - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

September run

CHANGES

I notice we have Lichfield loop down as sept. run out in the calender for the 18th... but nothing on here yet.. do we have any details....

+ Is there a possibility we can get another good run out like the Barmouth trip before the summer ends..

Maybe Aberdovey , great roads fish and chips by the sea , places to stop on the way, and nice test for the cars.

It would be great if we could get several of us to convoy down for the day..

Any thoughts...

Dave

Edited by CHANGES

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still off the road untill the machine shop at work can fix my oil pump shaft :(

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

I notice we have Lichfield loop down as sept. run out in the calender for the 18th... but nothing on here yet.. do we have any details....

+ Is there a possibility we can get another good run out like the Barmouth trip before the summer ends..

Maybe Aberdovey , great roads fish and chips by the sea , places to stop on the way, and nice test for the cars.

It would be great if we could get several of us to convoy down for the day..

Any thoughts...

Dave

I'm going to the Goodwood revival on 16th and 17th but should be back up here on the 18th, and so would like to go on the Lichfield loop but what is the plan?

I also think a drive into Wales later would be good if there is enough interest.

Yes im game for either to be fair!18th is free for me, how about making the longer trip octobers run if we can guess a nice sunny autums sunday perhaps? Im sure the cars will make the scenery look good for photo ops ;) and from a selfish point of view it might give me chance to get round to changing my actuator...anyone know the best way to set them up without any special list equipment?

Guys,

I was responsible for setting up this one at the beginning of the year when I was a Lotus owner. As I am no longer a supercar owner I can't really dictate/organise the event.

Back in January my plan, if I remember correctly, was to meet at jct 14 of the M6, take the A518 to Uttoxeter, then the A515 to Lichfield with stops for coffee.

From Lichfield, I planned on folk dispersing and making their way home.

You are of course more than welcome to use this planned route still. Equally if you prefer a different route/venue then please run with that.

Subject to Bibs confirming TLF attendance, I hope to see you all at the NEC in November

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

OK..... Not to sure how its going to work out last minute for this Sunday now that Graham is grounded....The weather does not look to good either....But they always get that wrong....

Suggestion :- How about we leave it for a couple of weeks and I will put together the Aberdovey dash with stops both ways and lunch by the sea. Some fantastic roads and great journey... Failing that if the weather turns on us we can make it a last minute change and do the Lake Vyrnwy cruise with some more great roads and refreshment at the hotel overlooking the lake , Then cruise all around the lake stopping for good backdrop photo shoot...

In a couple of weeks Nigel will have his new turbo fitted and Dave hopfully his new oil pump. Its only going to be worth it if we can get at least 5 of us.. .. So .... firstly who is up for it, and which is the best weekend for you ???

List what you think and we will see if it can happen..

This may be the last chance for a good run out this year so lets make it a good one..

whichever of the above runs we don't do we can do in the spring of next year..

Dave L

Sounds like a good plan Dave :)

I have been told the shaft may get done sometime next week, so hopefully I can fit it next W/E and put her in for the dreaded MOT ready for the run.

Well im off to goodwood on sunday now and as dave says pants weather is enroute. So im game for the October run, ive been to the lake before and it is good fun there! Im in. So far no plans after the first week of the month..so would tie in with alexs 3 weeks off the road too...last weekend of month is out for me..ill be in london town

Suggestion :- How about we leave it for a couple of weeks and I will put together the Aberdovey dash with stops both ways and lunch by the sea. Some fantastic roads and great journey... Failing that if the weather turns on us we can make it a last minute change and do the Lake Vyrnwy cruise with some more great roads and refreshment at the hotel overlooking the lake , Then cruise all around the lake stopping for good backdrop photo shoot...

Good plan Dave, the only date I currently can't make is 16th Oct.

In case it will help with the planning I found the attached route (which includes Aberdovey) used by MLOC in July - they kindly publish their old routes for other members to use.

Mid Wales Run 31 July 2011.doc

Ok boys n boys...shall we have a vote on the date then? It seems a few cant make the 16th...so shall we choose the 9th or 23rd? Selfishly im not suggesting the 2nd as im in birmingham sat night seeing alan carr and will be no doubt a little wobbly on sunday as were staying over...as much fun as it would be bouncing off the Welsh verges...oh and im in london last weekend of the month too so that doesnt get my vote...

Shal we do a name and date preference list, or if either date good say any?

Dodge. Any

OK I'm good on all dates . 9th or 23rd as we need the numbers to make this a good run, lets get an idea of who's good for when.... add yourself to list and we can then decide...

So who's up for the Aberdovey dash.

Changes................................9th + 23rd ( any)

PaulEspritGT3 ........................9th + 23rd ( pref 23rd )

dodge1979..............................9th + 23rd ( any )

23rd would be a safer bet for me. the shaft still hasn't been machined for my oil pump and the MOT is up on the 7th.