Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Studs on Delco Turbo/Exhaust - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Studs on Delco Turbo/Exhaust

Has anyone replaced their studs with Stainless steel for the Turbo outlet (to exhaust downpipe), turbo to extension manifold, and extension manifold to exhaust manifold....and happen to have the measurements?

I believe the exhaust manifold to the extension uses m10x30mm bolts, not studs actually....but the rest i'm unusure of...and a previous owner got creative, using bolts where studs were originally, etc..

Pete

Swore there would be no more Lotus Restorations again - But I bought it anyway :) - As Bond would say, 'Never Say Never'...others say "Some never learn"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know the size mate but South west sold me the manifold studs and the turbo outlet studs with copper nuts for a couple of quid each,just in case you was thinking of getting some made up,not worth the hassel for that price IMO :thumbup::shuriken:

opps just seen your in the U.S , so was no help at all was it ,soz mate :shuriken:

I'm curious, what/where is South west? It may be easier to order from them and ship it than order in the states... can't seem to find any vendors in the US that stock much of this stuff...nobody has an online site like SJS or anything, much less pictures...so when you bring things like studs to them, it always seems like you're slowing their day down asking for this stuff... SJS had the items but the pricing seemed a bit off ...had like $115 for 12 studs...didn't quite seem right

Pete

Swore there would be no more Lotus Restorations again - But I bought it anyway :) - As Bond would say, 'Never Say Never'...others say "Some never learn"

yeah I've had stuff backordered for a few months there...trying to find alternate sources since I'm tired of bugging them for these small odds and ends...get the feeling they don't want to mess with these smaller items...

I ordered my manifold studs off ebay..theyre nothing special cant remember the thread and pitch but can check back at some point if need be...the prices given by sj etc are an absolute con...id stick with normal ones and use either stainless aerotight nuts with coppet ease or coper coated nuts...should be aerotights though really..

Is there a reason not to go with stainless studs for the manifolds and turbo connections? Too soft a material?

I wrestled with these a long time, and drilled out many of them, even with the engine out of the car...I'd hate to try this again with the engine in place! I was going to go with the copper nuts, though...that's a good ida.

Pete

You could do, not sure about the heat though thismight deform them. For me though, the cost of them didnt justify the change to stainless, along with the possibility of them over time loosing shape or strength..