Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SE ECM - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SE ECM

Artie

I am in the middle of retrofitting my 89 turbo to the SE spec ECM, does anyone have a numbered diagram and color coded chart of the connector terminals? I have the manual from lotus but the wiring diagram is useless. I cannot seem to make any sense of the diagrams included in the manual, surely someone else has done the conversion successfully!

Art

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the middle of retrofitting my 89 turbo to the SE spec ECM, does anyone have a numbered diagram and color coded chart of the connector terminals?  I have the manual from lotus but the wiring diagram is useless.  I cannot seem to make any sense of the diagrams included in the manual, surely someone else has done the conversion successfully!

Art

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Surely someone can help out here!

Art

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

What are you having probs with - I've recently worked on the electrics in the back on mine and found the wiring diagram ok (even some of the colours are correct !).

Are you having probs with the pin outs (ie where the wires go on the plug) or the wiring itself ? Should be straightforward although doesnt the SE have more equipment to monitor that the non-se doesn't have ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

What are you having probs with - I've recently worked on the electrics in the back on mine and found the wiring diagram ok (even some of the colours are correct !).

Are you having probs with the pin outs (ie where the wires go on the plug) or the wiring itself ?  Should be straightforward although doesnt the SE have more equipment to monitor that the non-se doesn't have ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then the manual I have isn't the same, it has wiring schematics but no diagram of the connectors and the wires that go to each numbered receptacle. I'm having trouble finding a suitable diagram so I can start converting the ecm. Yes, the SE has some other things to monitor but the essentials are there, I think the only extra thing I've seen so far is the level sensor for the chargecooler header tank. John Welch has led me to beleive the conversion is fairly straight forward for an advanced technician, which I consider myself to be, but there has got to be a better diagram than a wiring schematic!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Do you have the Service notes section EMH (Electronic M.P.F. with Charge Cooler )?? In section 4 are the diagrams with all the pinnumbers for the ECM as well as the layout of the pins of the 4 connectors.

My scanner is inoperative maybe someone has these pages already scanned in.

Freek

Esprit Freak

I converted a GMP4 car to the SE computer like you are doing.

I have a hand drawn diagram that shows where the pins from the 1228707 ECU go relative to the pins on the 1228708.

The diagram shows the 1228708s plug and pin numbering locations with the relevent 1228707s pin locations superimposed on it.

Send me an E-mail if you are interested in me scanning this and sending it to you.

I converted a GMP4 car to the SE  computer like you are doing.

I have a hand drawn diagram that shows where the pins from the 1228707 ECU go relative to the pins on the 1228708.

The diagram shows the 1228708s plug and pin numbering locations with the relevent 1228707s pin locations superimposed on it.

Send me an E-mail if you are interested in me scanning this and sending it to you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PLEASE! I did decipher the diagram after much staring! But a schematic of both connectors and the corresponding wires would be most helpful! Send me an email at artiebaldwin@yahoo.com

Art

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

The SE ECU operates the 2 supplemental injectors when you convert over to a Lotus chargecooler system and use the Lotus SE diffuser. You can use an aftermarket piggyback type system to operate the supplemental injectors with the stock computer, but the SE ECU has a better variety of aftermarket HiPo chips.

The SE ECU operates the 2 supplemental injectors when you convert over to a Lotus chargecooler system and use the Lotus SE diffuser. You can use an aftermarket piggyback type system to operate the supplemental injectors with the stock computer, but the SE ECU has a better variety of aftermarket HiPo chips.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly as Gixxer said, I was looking to run an S4s chip, however, I talked with John at WCengineering and he informed me the non SE ECM will handle timing for more boost, so instead of trial and error on the wiring I just ordered an HKS digital injector controller and 2 high impedence secondary injectors. the Non SE ecu will handle timing for elevated boost and I'll map the 2ndary injectors with my Lambda wideband I use to tune my RX7. BTW, I installed the chargecooler today and ran the lengthened harness to the MAT, installed the WC turbo and mounted my remote oil cooler/fan combo. Just waiting on my electric chargecooler pump and injectors from WC and my Injector controller and we should be in business!

Art

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

the non SE ECM will handle timing for more boost,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder if anybody has a COMPLETE pinout diagram of the non-SE ECU.

Wouldn't it be nice if that ECU could drive the 2 supplemental injectors together with a reprogrammed mem-cal?

I wonder if anybody has a COMPLETE pinout diagram of the non-SE ECU.

Wouldn't it be nice if that ECU could drive the 2 supplemental injectors together with a reprogrammed mem-cal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, tell me about it! Although it won't be a big problem as I will use a new digital HKS injector controller which will allow me to really transition the fuel on nicely. My Innovative wide band 02 sensor will really help me keep the A/F ratio safe too. Now I have an S4s chip and SE ECM that I won't be using.....Anyone interested? I took some pictures today of the chargecooler installed and the remote oil cooler and fan(which I wired up and ran today too!:D). I'm getting close! ONce the garage is back up I'll post some pics(or you can go to my esprit to see the progress at cardomain.com)

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm