Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
how many S1s still exist!! - Page 3 - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

how many S1s still exist!!

theskillsgap

Question

Question for the masses,

I have now had my yellow green dialled S1 for 6 years and have only ever seen 4 other S1s in the history of the car.

A yellow car at Donnington about 3 years ago, and Nigels car, the white one as used in Classic and Sports car to go to Monte carlo, and the yellow car sold recently by sportscars Uk for about

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

there is a red s1 in telford which will be on the road in a few weeks , it having all new leather int to match its gleeming new paint job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello guys im the owner of the red Esprit S1 in telford that dodgy154 is talking about ive had car 2 years now. it has had every thing done to it, and is on the road im hopping to go to stoneleigh parts fare in her.

Edited by ian heighway
logo_01-2.jpg

Hi Ian, Welcome to the forum

You will meet a huge number of us at Stoneleigh :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Hi Ian

Did you buy it from Malvern by any chance???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No i didnt buy from Malvern i bought from a friend of mine he he lives in Telford to, he broght the car around 1991 ish (maybe before not looked at the V5 to see when) the day he got the car i said to him when you finnished with it i want it. He used the car for about 2 years when the exhaust fell off the car just before he went on holiday he parked the car in his wooden garage at the bottem of his garden with the intestion of fixing it on his return. The next time the car got to see the light of day was about 5 years later after i had talked him to get the car out we got it running she sounded crap as there was no exhaust but she ran. He then pushed the car back in the garage. About anothere 5 years went by once again i talked him into getting the car out and by this time she was looking bad paint job was bubbled in places somthing had eaten part of the passenger seat all the tyres were flat she realy did look sorry for her self, once again we got her running gave her a quick clean and pumped the tyres up. Again she was pushed back in the garage. in 2003 my friend needed the space and rang me up saying 'you remder all the years ago you said when you have finnished with the Esprit that you wanted it. Well ive finnished with it do you want it' we talked money and ive got the car and in just 2 years ive done a nut and bolt strip and rebuild including a full respray, a body off overhaul of the chassis and a full retrim. She is now looking as good as ever.

Long Live The S1 Esprit

Edited by ian heighway
logo_01-2.jpg

Lovely. I looked at a red S1 when I was 19 and got my first decent pay packet, but wimped out due to my lack of mechanical gumption and got into big engined coupes instead. Bad move, it took another 16 years to be in the same position, and I've regretted it ever since.

I look forward to seeing it at a show sometime.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

What colour did you respray it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The picture was taken after it was resprayed i used Lotus B94 Ardent Red I know that the S1 Esprit red was A23 Calpyso Red. Calpyso was the colour the car was when i got it but i didnt like Calpyso as it looked to Orange to me so i went for a more red red. i know some of the purests would say i should of used Calpyso to keep the car original but if i was going to go for originality i should of painted it black as that was the colour it left the factory.

P.S. Just found out my car was a Bell & Colvill car

logo_01-2.jpg

I have a Lagoon Blue one back here in the states and the PO apparently never heard of wax.

I've buffed and wet sanded my tail off so at least i will not be enbarrased to show it off. mechanicals are good so I overlooked the paint till price negotiation.

So when I have the bucks should I go for a respray in the Blue or the hugely popular Red or White? Had a White Elite before so I'd be inclined to go Red.

Opinions?

DomG

Dom Giangrasso

1977 S1 Esprit - Lagoon Blue

wax is essential for a plastic car. my finish was very faded on top of the usual spider webbing for a car that age. i've managed to restore it to a point, but it'll never be the same again. i'm respraying in the original colors, although i prefer yellow.

I've been told red oxidizes worse than any other color. Comparing photos of my car two years ago to how it looks today, the fading is noticeable. The sides for the most part still have that deep red shine, but the top is dull even after a waxing.

I'm wondering whether to use a polishing compound to remove the oxidized layer and then rewax it, but don't want to make it worse than it is now.

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass

Hi all, i have a 1977 white s1 at the moment i am putting a 2.2 in it , it's  been of  the road  for 15 years  but will be back on the road soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cue Gpz900r

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE