Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
lotus elite 2.2 automatic - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

lotus elite 2.2 automatic

ebay

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks to have the makings of a nice car, terribly faded leather, but no cloth inserts means it should clean up and recolour nicely. A cheap respray at some point where it lost all it's stripes, plus manky wheels, but it all looks straight and best of all no hacksawed sunroof.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

91000 miles according to the sellers; again bit of a middle ground like the rest of the car....could be a money pit or a diamond in the rough?

Aha! Thought I recognised this, just twigged it was for sale a few weeks ago in London for £1500 ono on Gumtree (which seems to be where people sell stuff cheaply to reappear for more money on Ebay later)

If anyone is seriously interested in the car I took note of the previous sellers number, who would theoretically give an honest appraisal if he has no more axes to grind.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/beautiful-classic-lotus-elite-1981-model-may-px--not-ferrari-bentley-bmw-mercedes-vx220-vauxhall/89584571

here the gumtree advert with other pictures.....advertized for 1450,-...so pressume it was sold for 1200,- (or mabye less?)

car was located in wembley

now advertized for 2500,-

at least the actual seller has removed those ugly fake exhaust pipes!!!

car looks to me as a well used example: paintwork bit flat (or not beeing cared for a longer peroid), interior faded, technically????

the gumtree advert price was in the correct region....now its too expensive (as long as the actual seller hasnt done any expensive maintenance work...i doubt he did anything to the car...looks like he even has not cleaned nor polished it)

Not being funny but on the Gumtree ad, I assume that cannot be the right dashboard picture . A bit odd.

I have selfish reasons (and will suppress these, being a Gentleman ! hmmm.. ) to hope this needs a lot of work as I would have bought this one had I not bought the (undeniably nicer but quite a bit more) blue manual 2.2 you have all seen earlier this year....

anyway all good luck to whoever saves it !

the dash picture of the actual seller is from a modern car.....that happens when somebody is trying to be a dealer, hidden under the cloak of a private person...in the meanwhile he got his first feedback....a negative one...!!!

i would immediately buy from such a seller...without any worries!!!

Edited by Elite7