Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dash Warning Lights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dash Warning Lights

Hi All,

The fuel gauge on my 96 V8 fell out the other day so today i thought I'd set about fixing it (glass has broken away from the body so i guess a new one is needed, any ideas). Now the warning lights and rev counter are out and the battery warning light is on. Everything else appears to work, I've checked and replaced fuses even though they looked fine. Car starts and runs fine its just the dash lights and rev counter. Any ideas anyone.

Cheers Jonhelp.gif

It's ok i've sorted it.

Edited by JonJon

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your gauges are the same VDO type fitted to the S4s then the white plastic body of the gauge has broken in two allowing the glass holding side of the gauge to fall forward into your lap and the body of the gauge to fall back into the dash.

You can remove the dash & get the gauge out & superglue the two halves back together then when you refit the gauge don't over tighten the clamps that hold it in place as this & vibration is what causes them to break, and the fact that they're very cheap nasty gauges of course. thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

John W

Hi All,

Your right the gauges are crap, I did the superglue repair after i found the blown fuse (A21 5 amp). The gauge clamp must have touched a live. I found the temp gauge had a crack in the body too. Thanks go to superdavelotus for his post in LIGHTS OUT I thought I'd checked all the fuses, after reading his advise i checked again and found the cause.

Many Thanks JonJon thumbsup.gif