Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Classic Sportscar Concours @ Turku 18.6.2006 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Classic Sportscar Concours @ Turku 18.6.2006

Jussi

I know it's from "yesterday" but I'm pretty sure none of you would have been visited there :huh:

I have heard a lot about this happening but never actually been there, had seen many photos from there though. Weather was perfect, sun and almost +30celsius B) Only bad thing was we weren't there with Esprit, haven't got courage to go there with it (couldn't made the service to it before).

The show was amazing, very different to what I'm used to and we are going there definitely next year with Esprit.

There were two Lotus-cars Europa and Finland's only S1 Esprit :( Didn't know Ferraris are so common in here, Heli count 15 Ferraris. Now I want even more to own 348 in someday :huh:

Enough talking, here are some photos, enjoy :huh:

This 348 had excellent sound, very sporty.

348.jpg

Lotus Europa

europa.jpg

Only S1 in Finland :huh:

s1_2.jpg

s1_3.jpg

s1_1.jpg

Only Ferrari Superamerica in Finland:

superamerica.jpg

I want one of these, please...Donkerwoort, just wondering how is it road legal in here :huh:

donkerwoort.jpg

Badges say Jaguar but is this just some Kitcar or is it real???

jaguar.jpg

Not sure what I was photographing but if you look closely you may see AlfaRomeo spider :rolleyes:

alfa.jpg

There were lots of Porsches:

porsches.jpg

If look could kill...but she came in Modena360...

look.jpg

Quite slick rear tyre in this AstonMartin DB7:

slick.jpg

Ferraris they are everywhere :lol:

ferraris.jpg

Here you can see the manor in which estate the show was arranged:

manor.jpg

Excellently restored E-type:

etype.jpg

Saw this Jaguar last here in our race track, that day I cursed not to have camera with me, very rare in here.

jag.jpg

Here are the rest of the photos, enjoy: Classic Cars Concours

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those washers in front of the lights on the S1?

I know they're not supposed to be so great to drive, but I kind of like the 348 (more distinctive than the 355... maybe not from a Testarossa though :rolleyes:)

great pics B)

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Yep, those are washers :huh: Some time ago finnish inspection demands those for all new cars, not anymore. My Esprit had never those.

That 512TR was ahead us when we get back home. It stopped for gas station and after 50km. it passed us very fast :rolleyes:

I understand the appeal of the 348 - looks like a millionaire's ferrari and sounds like a proper ferrari but you're better off where you are. Your car will be faster and handle better Mark B drove a 348 and by all accounts it "handled like a tractor!" :huh:

...and if there are THAT meny dancing donkeys over there... surely you've got the rarer car?! :rolleyes:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Jussi -- Wow! Needless to say, the pictures of the S1 are a real treat for me! Thank you for sharing!

- T

:rolleyes:

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I understand the appeal of the 348 - looks like a millionaire's ferrari and sounds like a proper ferrari but you're better off where you are. Your car will be faster and handle better Mark B drove a 348 and by all accounts it "handled like a tractor!" :(

...and if there are THAT meny dancing donkeys over there... surely you've got the rarer car?! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm very keen on those 348s :( really thinking someday to buy one but that will mean losing the Esprit :)

Heli thinks same as you, she said that we never change Lotus to any Ferrari :(

I have also heard that 348 handle is poor but also noticed that it's even faster than old Testarossa B)