Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Car runs... surreal. - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Car runs... surreal.

Loc-Nar

Here we go...

post-6115-0-72493200-1331980273.jpg

I ended up with the ferrous liners, JE pistons, inconnel exhaust valves.

Fun build. Everything goes well. I put the green dot cam on the intake.

I did have the trunk lid not align after replacement/opening closing. Driver side pin stuck on the edge of the metal flange screwed to the body. Luckily had not bolted the boot in, so I could fish around in there and pry it loose. Maybe best to not bolt the trunk down after removing the back lid for a bit.

There is an oil leak. I've tried the "gasket between the alternator bracket and oil pump" fix, nada. There is oil pooling in the webbing under the alternator bracket and the front of the pump. Everywhere else. More investigation. Pulleys are dry.

Belt tension on the alternator is difficult in situ. I took off the sunroof, looped a ratchet strap around the alternator and the trunk bracket, did the trick

Climate controls are not working. The vacuum valves are loose in the clamps. It seems like there was some foam or something in there between the valves and the clamps that has turned to dust over the years, letting the valves slide back. I was able to get to the clamp screws by removing the radio and using a long screwdriver. Shimmed the valves.

Car passes CA smog no problem, but on start it's super rich, fuel smell, and soot on the bumper above the tailpipe. Records from PO show "S4S chip" installed. Most likely have to freescan/espritmon.

Shift translator needs alignment. Bear to get through the gears.

Transmission fill level plug is stuck. Weld hex nut to the end of it.

AC back to R12. PO had put an adapter on the AC to accept R124 fitting. Cleaned and replaced oil in the compressor, new dryer. Room mate is AC certified so back to R12 it goes.

Put a muffler on the open pipe.

Clear coat is destroyed. Corvette shop?

200 miles and its going good...

Would like to put the stock tail lights back on. Can a custom rim shop resize the stock rims for more available tires?

Where the heck does the third tail light wire on teh passenger side off the lift plug into?!?

Its late, goodnight,

Steve

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images