Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Kart GP - 24th May 2012 - Page 2 - UK - Kent - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Kart GP - 24th May 2012

gt111

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. gt111

2. bringing the Birthday cake Bibs

3. x27EVE

4. Mellowmatt

5. PFD - Maybe

6. Finstien

7. Simon 'Racing Driver' Clark

8. Duncan 'Faster than Simon' Clark

9. Nick 'Keep an eye on this one' Young

10. Nathan 'The Destroyer' Robinson

11. Andy 'who said that?' Oram

12. Russell 'ey?' Brown

Only 4 more places available now :thumbsup:

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

May bring the Exige Bibs, but thinking about it after 1/2 hour of being bashed around by you lot with no suspension, I may opt for my armchair which will near enough drive me home!

Looking forward to it :)

Talk is cheap, is there a sweep stake ? My money is on Dave, I think he has driven a kart once or twice before....

My money is on Dave into the wall :sofa:

And i've had previous at this track, it claimed 2 ribs and 3 months of pain

Now why would i do that.

do you think schumi tells charles pic how to drive each track

like fuck he does

and why dont i have any warning points yet ?

Ok as no -one bit

Here are a few clues

turn 1 - Full tilt on warm tyres, there is grass on the outside so be careful

turn 2 - turn into the corner early so you straight line the apex, once your straight brake through te corner as though you are braking for turn 3

turn 3 - don't go too deep into 3 as it compromises 4, try to keep right as it gives you a straight exit onto the straight, remember too much entry speed will ruin this corner

turn 5 - go in deep and apex late "j bend" then get left quickly for 6

turn 6 - on the exit you need to be in the middle of the track so again don't go in too deep, hold down the speed will give you a better exit onto the next fast section

turn 7 you should be on full throttle and just get as much speed as you can

turn 8 is a sweeping left at full speed

turn 9 - a sharp left has people taking all sorts of lines but my advice would be go deep and turn late to hug the inside of 10

turn 10 and 11 are virtually one long corner keep the power down as much as you can and hang on

turn 12 is a simple right with a good run off (this is where i broke my ribs slipping off the grasscrete in the wet)

depending how they run the track turn 13 should be the last corner a right onto the main straight

please bear in mind in have only driven this track in a 2 stroke kart, which is a completely different experience than a hire cart

it's like comparing and elise with a cinquicento, so all of the above may be completely bollox

I've just confirmed everything and paid the £120 deposit for 12 people. This can still be increased if anyone else wants to join us and if anyone can't make it, let me know ASAP and I'll let you know if you owe me the deposit or not (ie if they'll refund it).

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.