Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alton Towers run - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Alton Towers run

Evil_Dr_Fish

Hi all!

OKAY!! It's time to start organising the annual Alton Towers run :o

Sunday 10th September

As ever it's the first weekend AFTER school starts back! :(<"Muuu-uuumm... can we go Alton Towaz?!" "NO! You've just had 6 bloody weeks off and have only just started back at school!">

I arrange a group booking as that way we get a discount I have spoken to them this morning and have been told we DON'T pay the internet group price of

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 30 minutes up the road for me, so no excuses really.

My cousin is one of the managers there. Should I see if she can twist anyones arm re parking, Fishy?

I'm riding at Donington the next morning so I'll keep my feet firmly planted on the ground thanks.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Graham - that's a brilliant idea :o If there's anythig that can be done to secuire that front row or two of parking it would certainly be good to know :)

Alex - No... there is NO choice! :rolleyes: I think we can overlook what car you and Jen arrive in! ...however non-arrival could not be so ignored!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Hmmm last time I went my car got stoned (with stones) pretty much where ever I stopped.

Not sure - I have cornwall run to do as well around that time just after the shi......kids go back.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

That was a bunch of vile pikey chavs in Newport Pagnell :rolleyes: We didn't get any trouble at Alotn Towers! :o

We didn't get any trouble at Alotn Towers! :o

Apart from that crazy black chap, when we were walking back to the rapids that guy just jumped out in front of me and went loopy in my face like : tounge.gif

disagree.gif

Wierd.....apart from that is was good fun esp watching the ppl get stuck at the very top of Oblivion wating to drop (shouldn't laugh) haahhahaha laugh5.gif

And I wasn't crapping myself in Hex, I was just acting so that you lot were OK !! :rolleyes:

We stayed over at some hotel and went the next day too - big fun, we got there so early we managed to do Nemesis + air about 9 times in a row until we had to stop becuase were were going a bit dizy lol

Still couldn't get red onto the Oblivion though....wuss.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

No Bibs... It's 1:30 for you :rolleyes:

Fishy,

Spoken with niece (did I really call her "cousin" in an earlier post?)

She will speak with her colleagues in the Events Section on Monday and report back asap.

I'll post again when I know more.

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Awesome, Thanks Graham :P

Tho the uptake is a bit slow at the moment - I think it is being eclipsed by the mad Hethel meet

Tell me about it.

I'm trying to organise a North Wales hoon at the end of August.

So far, its me and one other :P

Graham.

Renu and I are coming, we have a discount ticket or something of a cornflakes packet so will use that , so wont be needing your kind offer of group ticket, please let us know meet points car park etc

Howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Alex +1

Bibs +1

Dave +?

Glyn +1

Graham +?

Howard + Renu

Me +1

So that's 12 so far - enough to get the discount but not exaclt a resounding turnout! :D

I shall throw it open to the Pistonheads lot tomorrow unless anyone has any objections?

Niece has spoken with Events but they have pointed her in the direction of Conferencing?

Conferencing have still to get back to her. She will continue to chase.

Events have suggested using the VIP car park (rather than working class public car park), but this is

WTF?!?!?!

Thanks Graham - I asked the (work experience! :P ) girl on the phone about the VIP car park and she said it was no more and all one great big one :D *mutters* <badly trained monkeys>

If it is still there then that's DEFINITELY where we'll be going (as we always did!) Keeps us away from the door bashing, greasey nosed, (not so) great unwashed plebs! ;):o

OK I have now advertised this to a handful of PistonHead-ers - No idea if anyone will come tho?

• 2 weeks later...

Fishy,

An update. You don't mention my name ok? :)

Telephone (01538 704021) and speak with either Keiran English or Paul Oakden.

Let them know your parking requirements.

If that fails come back to me and I'll try again

Graham. B)

Thanks Graham...

I have a bunch of "norms" from pistonheads wanting to come along - despite billing it as a Supercar run...

...and some guy who is arranging a run for Focus ST owners wanting to piggy back... :)

I don't want to be snotty about it (especially as I bet there are a handful of those ST's that will be modded to an extent that we would not keep up!) ...but they LOOK CRAP!