Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS Breakfast meeting 5th August @ Perth Airfield, Scone - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS Breakfast meeting 5th August @ Perth Airfield, Scone

By popular request we are going back to Perth Airfield again on 5th August when hopefully the weather will be good enough to allow some flying.

Thanks to Jim (renmure) for organising this one.

Another visit to the Scottish Aero Club http://www.scottisha... ... ?page_id=3 based at Perth Airfield, Scone is arranged for Sunday 5th August.

Map for finding the airfield is: http://www.maplandia... ... h-airport/

The SAC carpark will be set aside for visitors, tea and coffee is available in the Club Lounge, and the adjacent "Touchdown Cafe" will open up on the day serving full breakfast and various rolls etc. Wendy is threatening to bake some cakes as well.

Last year the dreadful weather on the day scuppered the flying opportunities apart from some short flights in the R22 helicopter.

This year, rather than look to specifically "organise" anything flying related, I have generally requested that SAC folk make themselves available to offer flights to anyone who fancies one on the day. This has worked well at other meets this year and should mean that the pilots of the various microlight, fixed wing, helicopter (and hopefully gyrocopter) will be on hand to do the needful.

Tours of the hanger and the various aircraft inside will be available

Again like last year, I expect there will be a bunch of Ferrari interlopers tagging on.

http://i57.photobuck... pics/legs5.jpg

http://i57.photobuck...cs/Iegscar2.jpg

http://i57.photobuck... pics/legs6.jpg

Names below:

1. bingoking +1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) bingoking +1

2) M400kay+ 1

3) douglasgdmw (George) + wkd (Sandra)

Although Karen has made me promise not to sit next to Derek due to my suggestions. Just hoping Brandon will introduce a "MMC Reward scheme" on these meets ;-)

We will be taking both cars so suspect Porker parking will be around the back like Glenshee ;-)

George

Edited by douglasgdmw

1) bingoking +1

2) M400kay+ 1

4) Hedgerley

5) Liam Warnock +1

1) bingoking +1

2) M400kay+ 1

4) Hedgerley

5) Liam Warnock +1

6) Gordon + 1

Any more interest?

The Ferrari Owners Club had a meet there today.

Good turnout of cars including another half dozen Fcars not in this shot inc an F40 LM.

A few Maserati, Astons (and an s1 Elise) and other stuff were kept out of the pics ;)

Jim

ferrariSAC1JPG.jpg

1) bingoking +1

2) M400kay+ 1

4) Hedgerley

5) Liam Warnock +1

6) Gordon + 1

7) Derek + Karen

Edited by Derek

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

) bingoking +1

2) M400kay+ 1

4) Hedgerley

5) Liam Warnock +1

6) Gordon + 1

7) Derek + Karen

8) Alicrozier (weather dependant again) :)

9) Sharron + 1 (plus a weather dependant Sprint +1)

) bingoking +1

2) M400kay+ 1

4) Hedgerley

5) Liam Warnock +1

6) Gordon + 1

7) Derek + Karen

8) Alicrozier (weather dependant again) :)

9) Sharron + 1 (plus a weather dependant Sprint +1)

Andrew & Dad

We may have to turn up in our leather gear!! The Porsche needs its oil pipe replaced (which may not be sorted by Sunday)

So I may be able to re-enact a Top Gun scene:

Top-Gun-Kawasaki-GPZ750R_500X300_1.JPG

George

.... So I may be able to re-enact a Top Gun scene:

George

I got my flying helmets painted by an Airbrush artist and can go one better than leathers..

MavandGoose.jpg

:)

Cross posted on SE..

The cafe is normally closed on a Sunday and they usually make a point of not opening for meets

However, they are doing me a big favour by opening from 10am till 12 like last year so it would be good if everyone tucked in heartily in appreciation :thumbsup:

On a similar note: there is no direct charge for anyone who gets flying since the pilots are volunteering freely. But, there is obviously a cost to running the flying machines. I think Stuart and Simon (the helicopter pilots who did most of the flying last year) were burning avgas at 8 gallons per hour for 3 hrs and were about £250ish out of pocket between them...but they had a great time!!

Anyhow, there is a "Donations" tin in the Club by the kettle and if anyone who gets in the sky wants to quietly put anything in then I am sure it will be appreciated by the right people.

No one will take money, no one will ask for money and it is more of a reaslisation (by me) that it is the same pilot folk who tend to do the volunteering and some of their costs are a bit more significant that others. :cheers:

Brian,

Just wondering whether there is a meet up point before hand for going to the venue.

Otherwise I will have to rely upon my map reading skills on the motorbike!!!

George

Hi George,

Trying to send you a PM, but the system says you can't receive any new messages. Is your inbox full?

Derek

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

Brian,

Just wondering whether there is a meet up point before hand for going to the venue.

Otherwise I will have to rely upon my map reading skills on the motorbike!!!

George

Nothing organised as yet but if you want we could meet up at Broxden Services, Perth.

Perth Aerodrome is only about 15 minutes from there so meet in time to leave at 9:45am.

Trying to send you a PM, but the system says you can't receive any new messages. Is your inbox full?

Derek - Inbox has now been cleared :-)

Nothing organised as yet but if you want we could meet up at Broxden Services, Perth.

Perth Aerodrome is only about 15 minutes from there so meet in time to leave at 9:45am.

Brian,

That's great we can be there for a 9:45 departure.

Cheers

George

Guys.. I have said that anyone who gets to fly will stick at least £10 in the tin.

That has brought a few more pilots out of the woodwork to join in.... including the chap who flies this Spitfire

5323_2_rearbank_city.jpg

(although I am not too sure that there is a pax seat in it)

Hope that is ok.

I would wing walk to get an opportunity to go up in a Spitfire!!!

(Hoping Sandra does not read this as she may benefit from any insurance payout!!)

George

George

There are 2 wings on a Spitfire :sweat:

Guys.. I have said that anyone who gets to fly will stick at least £10 in the tin.

That has brought a few more pilots out of the woodwork to join in.... including the chap who flies this Spitfire

5323_2_rearbank_city.jpg

(although I am not too sure that there is a pax seat in it)

Hope that is ok.

A bargain.