Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Absolute Steal: 2002 Anniversary Yellow V8 - $45k USD/18k miles - Lexington, MA - USA - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Absolute Steal: 2002 Anniversary Yellow V8 - $45k USD/18k miles - Lexington, MA - USA

No financial interest. Just got a call from Mike of Michael's Motorsports on their newest acquisition.

A pristine, local 2002 Mica Yellow (metallic) Esprit V8 with 18k miles. Asking price for the beauty is $45k. The interior is black with yellow piping.

The car is located in Lexington, MA available for viewing/sale immediately.

For additional information, please contact Mike Fridmann of Michael's Motorsports at:

617-593-5013

Edited by 2003 V8 TT

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Bibs! I wasn't sure where to put it, since the sale/wanted ads all gets posted on LEW, and I don't know how to post on LEW...

No stories on this car. Just one of our local Esprit dudes.

With the original MSRP sticker at $92,515.00.

The current owner is a lawyer from Worcester. All service records

available. He wants a new toy, and needs a private sale that yields

just above the trade-in/whole-sale value to win.

That should answer any questions on price.

The car is located in Autobahn East/Michael's Motorsports in

Lexington, MA.

Man, I should sell my daily and pick up this ride!

02_lotus_esprite_v8_la_012.jpg

02_lotus_esprite_la_03.jpg

Yellow '02 next to my red '03!

-Will

Edited by 2003 V8 TT

Nothing to do with the sale, but I spent 4 years in Worcester MA, and I know the dealership.... Actually fell in love with the esprit there (again after 007 movies).

The price is a steal....

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

They actually want 45k now.. I dunno it is dropping pretty quick.. as good as this looks I would be hesitant..

Now if it were black or silver or some other color I would freak..

I just spoke to those guys there I said "Isn't this a bit low for a 2002 esprit" and the guy is no "no this is about right" <--

Where else can you find a 2002 for anything less than 55k?

It doesn't make sense that this car has no history.. but according to the salesman it doesn't.. Who knows. It also is getting a limited slip put in.. it has a racing clutch and the yohan chip..

Again this is the best deal I have ever seen on an esprit, if true and the car has no history it's a sick deal..

Then again the color combo isn't exactly a desired one..

Edited by mamovaka

Buzz Mike...

:)

Update..

Just spoke to the wife.. they are now asking 50k for it.. I think they came to realize how ridiculously cheap the car was going for and have upped their offer..

50k for this car is STILL a sick deal.

We may love 'em but let's be unbiased a bit; Esprits are not exactly in demand or collectors' items.

They're not rare because Lotus did not hope to sell more of them, there just aren't that many buyers out there and one must take that into account when pricing the car.

Of course, if you hope to sell the car before winter, you broaden the number of potential buyers by lowering the price much like the gentleman from MA.

If you price a 02 Esprit at 54K, one can expect to sit on it a little longer even if one is partial to yellow.

My 2

We may love 'em but let's be unbiased a bit; Esprits are not exactly in demand or collectors' items.

They're not rare because Lotus did not hope to sell more of them, there just aren't that many buyers out there and one must take that into account when pricing the car.

Of course, if you hope to sell the car before winter, you broaden the number of potential buyers by lowering the price much like the gentleman from MA.

If you price a 02 Esprit at 54K, one can expect to sit on it a little longer even if one is partial to yellow.

My 2

If it was traded in at a dealer, you'd be lucky to get $45K for it ...

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!