Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Upper wishbone orientation - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Upper wishbone orientation

Starting stripping the suspension off this weekend and I've screwed something up already :(

Does anyone know the orientation of the upper wishbones? I wrongly assumed they were identical since the leading and trailing ones are shown as part 22 on the diagram (I didn't bother looking that the text that gives two part numbers for the same diagram number reference). After I got all four off and started cleaning the rust off I spotted they were different with two being beefed up around the outermost fixing hole. Is this the leading or trailing wishbone?

Thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Answering my own question again :D

A082C4216F / B082C4216F is the leading front upper wishbone arm and has no strengthening around the outermost ball joint fixing hole.

A082C4217F / B082C4217F is the trailing front upper wishbone arm and has the strengthening around the outermost ball joint fixing hole.