Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Importing an Oz registered Evora to the UK - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Importing an Oz registered Evora to the UK

koorby

Quick question for TLF'ers.

I am in the process of relocating to the UK, and I have an MY11 Evora IPS in storage in Melbourne Australia, dealer purchased in January this year and registered with Victorian plates. Since it is a British car built in Norfolk, I assume there are not a lot of hoops to go through to get it MOT'd and UK plate registered if I ship it to Southhampton?

I can display MPH on the digital display so I expect that I conform to that requirement, but the only issue is that the odometer is in kilometers. Only mods are the Radium CAI and the Lotus factory sports exhaust.

Anyone here have experience with importing a Lotus back to the UK?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the car is not manufactured for the European market, there may not be a European CoC for it so you may have to get a SVA. Try contacting certificate@lotuscars.com they should be able to tell you if there is certification for your car.

I'm with George on this but it really depends on the residual value of your car and taking into consideration the cost to ship it over and re-registration etc.

Would there be UK VAT to pay on an import?

Cost to ship is peanuts, about £1,500 plus insurance.

Yes they cost more in Oz but checking autotrader.co.uk the price of a new Evora S IPS here fully loaded with options (as mine is), is getting close to £80,000 before taxes so that makes the price of new ones here not as cheap as I thought.

Plus they don't make them in Storm Titanium anymore :)

I will try to sell it domestically first of course.

Hey Koorby!

I wouldn't have thought it was worth bringing it back when you add up the shipping and approval costs.

An Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) test will be required and will require some work to get it through. If you want one in Storm Titanium, I'll get you one :)

• 6 months later...