Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Improve S1 Headlights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Improve S1 Headlights

I'm thinking of keeping my S1 on the road this winter so would like a bit more light up front! Also could do with not changing the whole headlight when it goes.

Is there an easy upgrade anyone can recommend that uses the current wiring set up?

Ta

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the favoured option is to find some Triumph 2000 headlamp mounts (they had 4 headlamps back in the day but I can't remember if they need to come from a MK1 or MK2?) then buy some modern 5&3/4" glass bowls which accept halogen light bulbs. I have done this following Matt Oxley's lead but have yet to fit them!!

It may take a while to source the rings from a Triumph 2000 but they do come up on eBay.

Paul.

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

I recently replaced my S2 bulbs with Xenon Superwhite H4s (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290572959638).

Made a big difference, not perfect but I doubt they ever will be compared to modern headlights.

Certainly cheaper than a complete swap out.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

These are what I bought from ebay....

"Lotus 5 & 3/4" Sealed Beam Halogen Quad Headlight Conversion Kit"

and with the wipac bowls I also had as my metal ones were shot it was pretty straight forward with only a bit of fettling needed on one bowl to clear the bolts in the bottom of the pod

Phil

These are what I bought from ebay....

"Lotus 5 & 3/4" Sealed Beam Halogen Quad Headlight Conversion Kit"

and with the wipac bowls I also had as my metal ones were shot it was pretty straight forward with only a bit of fettling needed on one bowl to clear the bolts in the bottom of the pod

Phil

Where did you get the bowls from?

Esprit S1, 238G, Blog

Online Photo's

This car was most definately hand built, NOTHING FITS!

• 1 month later...

Just a thought on this guys.... is the wiring capable of taking the current for Halogen lamps?

• 2 years later...