Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Not a happy dragon - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Not a happy dragon

V8 Owners Fem Slave

:D not a happy dragon, my kids have gone away with their dad and i thought "great, my turn to play on the PS2..."

but noooooooo the silly thing won't eject at all, nor will it read the disc thats in, just sits there :D

grrrr and i wanted to have a go at my lotus challenge game

not fair...... (stamps little foot....lol)

oh well i'll have to do the housework now....

purza

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh - sounds like a power problem - do the lights come on ?

Lotus challenge huh ? Never knew that was on PS2 :D

yep all lights are on, don't want to force it in case i really break it...lol

as to the game, its an old one (2001)...i picked it up second hand from a games shop :D i was hoping to have a go but never mind...lol

I always find with consumer electronics a gentle bang (oops dropped it kinda thing) helps - and if not try swearing cold and calmly (like you really mean it) and if that fails threatening the thing often works, the amount of times I've threatened my PC with flying out of the window and hey presto :D

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I always find with consumer electronics a gentle bang (oops dropped it kinda thing) helps - and if not try swearing cold and calmly (like you really mean it) and if that fails threatening the thing often works, the amount of times I've threatened my PC with flying out of the window and hey presto :D

I had the same problem. So I unscrewed it and took the disc out manually...have to force it though as it's tight....I actually electrocuted myself and got a "Told you so" from the better half! :D

sound like to disk is jammed or not sitting in it recess properly, a gentle tap may , repeat, may cure the problem

Edited by esprit350

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

:D thanks for the advice guys, i had been tapping, working up to hitting it on various parts of the machine...built up to cursing it and threatening it but to no avail...lol and i had thought it may have been a disc being caught

good news its now working yayyyyyy (my mate game round and fixed it for me :D) but the lotus challenge game isn't...boooooo

so back to the shop...lol not having a lot of luck with this game...

purza

heh... Lotus challenge :D I never had an Xbox, but I bought the game anyway... I was especially missing my esprit at that point in my life after an extended period in the shop as I recall... :P So I figured it was the next best thing.

Unfortunately it was a bit short of what I expected... In real life I don't think Loti flip whenever you make a level turn at 30mph :D

Slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

but the lotus challenge game isn't...boooooo

You had a lucky escape. Lotus Challenge on the PS2 is by Kuju and it sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls. The models are nice enough and there's plenty to choose from but the driving model is the most appalling thing I've ever had the misfortune to use.

Don't ever play it - it'll just make you sad.

Bulk%20Paint.png

If there was ever a time for asking no questions and just taking someones word for it ............. this is it! :)

I used to work at Kuju and they really aren't that good. I can honestly say it was the worst time of my career to date.

Well, there was that time in the ball-sucking department of the morgue...

Bulk%20Paint.png

heh... Lotus challenge :D I never had an Xbox, but I bought the game anyway... I was especially missing my esprit at that point in my life after an extended period in the shop as I recall... :( So I figured it was the next best thing.

Unfortunately it was a bit short of what I expected... In real life I don't think Loti flip whenever you make a level turn at 30mph :lol:

Slade

The best lotus game of all time is the original Lotus Challenge I and II for the Amiga!

LotusTurboChallenge2_Amiga.JPG

The best lotus game of all time is the original Lotus Challenge I and II for the Amiga!

For me it would have to be Durell's Lotus Turbo Esprit that I had on the Spectrum. Good though the Lotus Challenge series was (4 player link up in Challenge 2 was particularly awesome), it was a pretty standard racing game. Durell's offering was more GTA3 in that it gave you a living, breathing city to hoon around in. And a gun to shoot bad guys with.

Bulk%20Paint.png