Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite given away to charity in US - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite given away to charity in US

Not a bad looking car, 35k miles given away to what I hope is a genuine charity (lots of pics of cars being crushed, hope they are a bit more sensible than our own ridiculous scrappage scheme!)

Wonder if it survives?

donate-a-lotus-to-charity.jpg

http://www.cardonationwizard.com/blog/2012/11/07/vehicle-of-the-month-1974-lotus-elite/

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a big thing in the States to donate a car or a boat to a charity and get its worth taken as a tax deduction.  In the meantime, the charity sell your donation to make some money so I doubt it would be crushed.  They do describe it as "immaculate" after all.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

it dont have the USA bumpers, so thats allready great, i thought ross would be the only one with european bumpers,

but this car also have then much better then the usa bumpers!!!

I wonder if this is the same car, before or after the above photo.

Listed for $29,000 :huh:

101326_781943_1974_Lotus_Elite.jpg

Also listed on another site as sold;

http://www.wirewheel.com/1974-Lotus-Elite-for-sale-due-in-soon.html

As for the colour something similar was certainly listed as Martini green in the late 70s, Colin Chapman drove one for his sponsors. I think it really suits it.

Colin_Chapman_Lotus_Elite.jpg

Still available on the S2

7180824777_ec7c3e9220_z.jpg

In the garage no-one can hear you scream