Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where do the wires pass into the interior from engine bay? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Where do the wires pass into the interior from engine bay?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great question Mike.  Going to do a similar install this spring as well. 

Just curious; are you using an Alpine camera?  I found an Alpine license plate frame that looks like an easy way to mount the camera, but not sure if there is an easy way to get the wire into the boot.  How were you thinking of mounting?

There is a suggested wire routing in this thread that looked pretty good.  I find the detail pic's a bit confusing, particularly the first pic in the grouping of four pics.  i think it is showing the engine bay on the right side of the car, but not sure.  Anyway, the seat belt area looks like a good spot.

Figured once I get into the job it will be come clearer.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/44487-power-for-subwoofer-behind-seat/?hl=subwoofer

Assuming you need to get the wire up to the head unit.  Figured I could tuck it under the centre console from behind the right seat area.

HTH

Stu

Stu Calgary Alberta ' 69 Plus 2 '0 0 Esprit V8

Stu,

its a Kenwood headunit DVD player, i got a very small reversing camera off ebay which i tested before i fitted,

it works well, thanks for the info looks the best route for the wires,

head unit is fitted and just clears the gear knob when its in first,

im very pleased with the way the kenwood works and fits in the dash,

i will let you know how it goes,

Regards

Mike

Mike,

I routed mine through the same grommet as the speedo. and then ran it down the right hand side over the fuel tank and the right hand inner wing to the boot area..

Ged

• Gold FFM

you can use the way inside of the body, left or RH (as it is done by the factory) on top of the wheelhousings and behind the side covers of the enginebay -down the way to the 'sill area' right and left of the door entry .. you will end up next to the bar that sits under the interiour/dash ..and forms the leading structure between both door hinges. All the stuff from build in car-phones, Cobra alarm main-unit, airbag and all this mounts there as well, so cable clips and routing is allready there up to the way to the middle of the dashboard.

..it may help to take a look in here:

17_01medium.gif

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..