Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Problem with accessing the Forum and LEW - Forum Info & Help - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Problem with accessing the Forum and LEW

RichardN

Hi All,

Is anyone else having a problem accessing LEW and the forum using the (I assume) direct route of www.lotusespritworld.co.uk and www.lotusespritforum.co.uk?

As you can see I can get on the forum by going through the www.glcforum.com link but the others, which I have been using from day one have stopped working. In fact I get an "address doesn't exist" error.

Have you stopped paying the bills Bibs? :unsure:

Richard

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Muddling your co.uks and .coms? :unsure:

lotusespritforum.com works... the equivalent co.uk domain is not currently registered/owned.

lotusespritworld.co.uk and .com seem fine from here.

James

Edited by Tentenths

You are right about the forum address - I always go through LEW so had a guess at the address. I should have tried .com - stupid of me.

However, still no luck with LEW and that is set as one of my favourites in IE (sorry, should read "set as my favourite").

I'll keep trying...

Richard

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/ works fine for me, try re-adding the page to favorites and delete the old one

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Ok - this is getting weird...

It's just LEW that I cannot access (now I am using the correct address for the forum - doh!). I even tried Dave's link and the same problem happened. I just get...

"The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. "

I have cleared the cache and cookies in case that was affecting it but no luck. I have access to another computer on the same router so I will try with that.

This happened once before on another of my regular sites. I couldn't get access for about three days then suddenly the link started working again. My friends could get on during this time but not me. Perhaps the internet hates me...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Richard

I said something weird was going on. I have just tried to access LEW this morning (without having made any changes to the computer) and up it popped. This is after about 5 days of reporting that the site didn't exist.

The only thing that is different is that I my wireless router was reset because we had a power cut in the town yesterday. I can only think that, for some unfathomable reason, the modem was blocking the site!

Like I said - weird...

Richard