Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
HELP! Front Indicators - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

HELP! Front Indicators

Hey guys,

Yesterday, changing my front indicator globes I managed to push the globe all the way in and now it is somewhere behind the front turn lamp housing and I cannot retrieve it.

Can anyone tell me how on earth you take these indicator housings out? Do I need to take the bumper off?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody recently posted about being able to access them without taking the bumper off, it was Chris aka red vtec

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/57373-dont-remove-your-88-esprit-turbo-front-indicator-this-way/?hl=%2B%2Bbolt+%2B%2Bindicator

I managed to get my hand up from just in front of the wheel arch, But I see you have an S4 and I'm not sure if that has a plate in the way.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hmmm, nah doesn't seem to be any access from underneath even with removing undertray and fog light.

I even tried super glueing a piece of wire to the light globe to try and pull it back through the hole which is only large enough to just fit the globe through, with no luck.

Will have to wait until I have the time and patience to remove the front bumper I think.   :wallbash:

• 4 weeks later...

I have just had the same problemm with my S4. I was advised not to try and remove the Bumper . This it seems is a bif no no !!

Mine is now fixed, it meant having to fish the bulb holder out with a piece of bent wire (coathanger actually) the job is unbelievably fiddly so you need bucket loads of patience. It can be done cos I did it!!  Having got the holder back in place and checked that the indicator actually works it is best to superglue the holder in place

I have just had the same problemm with my S4. I was advised not to try and remove the Bumper . This it seems is a bif no no !!

Mine is now fixed, it meant having to fish the bulb holder out with a piece of bent wire (coathanger actually) the job is unbelievably fiddly so you need bucket loads of patience. It can be done cos I did it!!  Having got the holder back in place and checked that the indicator actually works it is best to superglue the holder in place

Good call with the superglue, I finally managed to get the damn bulb out replaced it and decided to do the other side while I was at it. Same thing.. bulb and housing push straight through. Luckily I new the technique for getting it back.

It seems the amount of pressure required to push the bulb into the socket is just the right amount of pressure to push the rubber grommet through!