Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MLOC@Chatsworth 2013 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MLOC@Chatsworth 2013

TimSportsTourer

A cross-post for my friends on MLOC - the Midlands Lotus Owners Club about a day out to Chatsworth House in Derbyshire. I apologise if I'm treading on toes here, but it feels like an OK thing to do to spread the word.

I think there are over 70 Lotuses signed up at the moment. Lots of other forums have had similar cross-posts, so there's a pretty wide attendance now. You have to sign up to MLOC to get your name down, but since that's free, I hope it's an acceptable price to pay. MLOC is a pretty friendly place, and Chatsworth is a pretty interesting venue, so I hope it will be a great day out. The pictures from last year are pretty impressive, and it would be particularly cool to get some older cars (i.e. not Elise/Exige variants) there too. With luck, I'll meet you there!

There's a (long) thread about it, with signup details here:

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/60707-mlocchatsworth-2013/

Event Title: MLOC@Chatsworth2013
Event Author: DeanB
Calendar: MLOC Community Calendar
Event Date: 21 Jul 2013  (Single Day Event)Following on from the success of our tenth birthday celebrations at Chatsworth last year, on Sunday 21st July 2013 we will be doing it all again!

The deal is this -

Meet in the Derbyshire Dales at 7.30am

An hour's run on some of the best and most scenic roads in the Dales and Peaks (while traffic is light)

Pre-booked breakfast at Hassop Station Cafe between 9 and 10 am approx.

Another hour's run taking in some even more spectacular views

Arrive at Chatsworth House between 11 and 12 noon approx - we have an area to the side of the house set aside for our exclusive parking

Catered picnic at 1pm

Raffle

Car of the day competition

The cost will be £5 per car parking at Chatsworth, £5 per person for a hot sandwich and tea or coffee at Hassop, £1 or so to cover postage and printing, and £10 per person for the picnic buffet which will include a pud and a drink.

All those that would like to come along will need to pay for everything except their breakfast in advance - there will be a facility to do this via the club store soon.

People can skip the run and come straight to Chatsworth if they wish, but will still need to pay the parking etc in advance via the shop.

Those that came last year know what to expect. Those that didn't may wish to search for some of theMLOC@Chatsworth 2012 threads and albums for a look-see. We got lucky with the weather during a very wet summer, and I think we all had a great time. The day allows us to enjoy driving the cars, explore and enjoy one of the most beautiful parts of the UK (including of course Chatsworth House and Gardens), have a good look at lots more Lotuses (nearly 60 last year, hopefully even more this), meet and chat to fellow enthusiasts, and enjoy some good food.

What's not to like?

It is an early start, but worth it I reckon. Those that are travelling a distance may want to try finding a nice B&B for the Saturday night and make a weekend of it. There is plenty to see and do.

Deanb

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I've just viewed your post now.

I live in Buxton (almost next door or so to Chatsworth).  Is this event (21 July) still on?  If so, I might drive my bronze Esprit Turbo (1982) to meet you all at Chatsworth.

Please kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Alexandre