Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is this Elan or what? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Is this Elan or what?

Found this picture on net, it's taken in Helsinki in Finland (in one car happening). I wasn't there, just wondering what it is, looks like Elan? Lookin pretty "race" or what?

IMG_4677.thumb.jpgIMG_4678.thumb.jpg

Here are links to full-size pics:

http://gallery.henriluoma.net/xtremefestival2005/IMG_4677

http://gallery.henriluoma.net/xtremefestival2005/IMG_4678

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks really good! :rolleyes:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Its either a 68 Corvette Stingray that thinks its an Elan or an Elan that thinks its a Stingray :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:angry: that's good one, so it's Lotvette Stingelan then :)

johns%20zr1%20engine.jpg This is a real Lotus-Corvette connection. Lotus designed LT5 5.7 Litre V8 Assembled by Mercury Marine used in the ZR1 Corvette from 1990 to 1995.All Aluminium Quad OHC 4 valves a cylinder, chain driven cams.Sounds amazing (Like a Ferrari) Would have been a terrific engine for an Esprit if Lotus could have got hold of a transaxle that could have survived the torque this thing puts out. (405hp/400ft.lbs):rolleyes: Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

(405hp/400ft.lbs):rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got used to the TVR Chimaera 450 now, and can make myself feel sick if driven too hard, BUT

What the hell must this be like :angry:

BTW - I puked as a kid in any car travelling, but have never had a prob driving one, until the Tivver.

Sorry dudes for the TVR reference - it's going soon to make way for the SE or S4S

Edited by S4S280

Is the car in the photos a Vegantune Evante? It used a modified Elan bodyshell and a Vegantune 16 valve engine and their own suspension, being built in the '80's, I think.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

'box from the ZR1 went into the Lotus Carlton too i think?

:rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes that's true, it was the only box they approved to Lotus Carlton (Lotus Carlton is called Lotus Omega here in Finland and many other countries).

Here is some Lotus Carlton fan-site: http://www.lotus-carlton.co.uk/

Is the car in the photos a Vegantune Evante?  It used a modified Elan bodyshell and a Vegantune 16 valve engine and their own suspension, being built in the '80's, I think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks very same:

Lotus%20Evante.JPG

Is that some kind of "Kit-car" or what? Here is one for sale: http://www.lotusowners.com/forsale.htm

lotus_omega1.jpg

'box from the ZR1 went into the Lotus Carlton too i think?

:rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh No you have me thinking about those Lotus Carltons/Opel Omegas again. On my last trip to U.K. found one for sale (only one in silver) made for wife of M.D. of Lucas and had hatched plan to buy it and ship it back to Canada.There were drawbacks of course, car had been stolen/recovered 3 TIMES! There is no LEGAL way to register it in Ontario, and when I finally got there to do deal car had just been sold! It is now for sale again (3 Grand more than he paid for it) He only had it a year. But those cars are amazing :angry:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Yes that's true, it was the only box they approved to Lotus Carlton (Lotus Carlton is called Lotus Omega here in Finland and many other countries).

Here is some Lotus Carlton fan-site: http://www.lotus-carlton.co.uk/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

James Waddingtons site is Great. It helped me alot when I was trying to buy one of those :rolleyes: cars(see story above)

SUNP0003-1.jpg