Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gear shift lever assembly problems on my Esprit S2 - Page 2 - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gear shift lever assembly problems on my Esprit S2

Esprit79

• 1 year later...

Paul,

Once you have the mechanism out on your workbench, you will see.

The circlip ( and a washer) has to be taken out from the underside, and then you can pull the piece out.

Geert

Yes but how the f$&@ does one do this? I have the whole thing out but access to that circlip is impossible, as is keeping the whole thing stable with all those swinging and twisting parts. Best I can do is poke at it with a screwdriver and watch it turn around. Is there a trick to getting it out?

Hi Antonio, I took the mechanism apart when I remanufactured a gearstick for one of these for a friend, make a note of how it goes togather or better still photos, you have to press the pivot pins out, makes life much easier

Regards Dan

• 3 years later...

I have disassembled everything, and when putting it all back together I'm finding the lever/spring is not doing anything, just moving up and down uselessly. I had everything cad plated, which means it would all have been stripped with something that would have eaten anything plastic. 

So my question is: is there a nylon bush inside this part? What holds the spring for pulling up the lever to select reverse? Why is it when the lever goes in with the spring, washer, circlip etc it doesn't seem to be doing anything?

IMG_2521 copy.JPG

there should be a roll pin in the stick that is sprung loaded down I think to work on the reverse interlock.

• Like 1