Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
vac pump pipes ? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

vac pump pipes ?

leeds1972

hi everyone,just got round to refitting my new vac pump and as I was connecting the pipe back up I noticed that a little way along that pipe was a t connector with a piece of pipe branching off of it.the problem is it goes nowhere.its just been cut aftr about 2 inches.i deffo didn't take this pipe off of anywhere when I removed the old pump and I don't know where it goes or why its been cut ?? any suggestions guys ? surely it shouldn't be like that,or should it ?

thanx,steve

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be one branch going to the front of the car, to supply the brake servo, another going into the engine compartment, to supply the control solenoids, from there it also branches and goes to the cabin for the heater flap.

Probably a different car but on mine the vacuum pump also has a pipe which is strapped to the underside of the chassis and just vents into atmosphere. I assumed it was to just release excess vacuum but if not I will have to check   

thanx guys for the info.managed to have a look yesterday and it looks like whilst I was removing the pump inlet pipe I puuled the t piece off of the other pipe.i missed it cos on the t,or coming out of the t is pipe of about 10mm diameter 2 inches long.the pipe that came out was just shoved inside that pipe,.basically can best describe it as air pipe if that makes sense ?? and not clipped or anything and is about 5mm in diameter and tie wrapped to the chassis.need to road test now for the brakes.thanx again,steve