Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
fuel tanks - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

fuel tanks

jimblob

Had a bit of a fuel whiff lately so I have just been to see if I can find the fault. Removed the engine undertray and stuck my nose in the inspection holes  :sweat:  wooo that smells, had a good look at the tanks and they look great? so I grabbed that shitty sponge stuff that's under them and ripped a bit of it out( not sure if that is wise or not?) and ta da some rusty crap on the tank under the sponge  :thumbdown:

So my question is how hard is this job to do, I have done a search and read a little about it but give me the damm veggies should I even try to do this or just hand the keys to a mechanic and bend over?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both tanks or just the driver's side one?

Driver's side isn't a bad job, drain tanks, remove trim, move electrics out of way, undo connections, undo  bolt from engine bay, remove wooden cover and you can slide it out (OK, it's not a 5 mins job but given time most owners could manage it on their own). Passenger's side fouls the engine, so you have to move the engine to get enough space.

Well, I've not had to do that one but you may be able to move the engine enough if you undo the nut of the engine mounting bolt on that side, same with the gearbox mount that side. no guarantee it will be enough space but it may work.

Search previous threads, I have posted pics of how to turn the tank so you can get it out. I managed it on a Stevens na without touching the engine mount both sides.