Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 parts - Page 3 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 parts

Alex Carter

Hedgerley I still have the valves I have not done anything with them they are here I was looking to get some made but everyone I speak to valves services .qed blah blah all have different ideas about sizes type sodium and so on there's so many different opinions so thanks for the offers I'm going to buy a set direct from lotus . The idea of a spare fund is great the fact people want to chip in and help shows what a great forum this is . How ever 1 it's takes parts away from people who may need them in the future too . 2 if some things bent old worn or the wrong part miss placed or miss labeled it could cause more issues . 3 I'm not short on time or money I was just seeing if there was an easier route . 4 pinching and scrimping leads to one thing paying twice and kicking yourself in the long run . So I will just order what I have too new and direct . Thanks very much for the offers/

help .

Hedge pm me the address I'll send them straight back

Apologies if this repeats previous posts but G&S valves list standard V8 valves in their stock list.

I tried them winter they were unsure and offered me sodium ones which there not . They then suggested another person the name I forget something Motorsport and they were unsure too , This began a debate there maybe other suppliers that sell similar or close but we figure for the sake of saving a few quid per valve what's the point might as well just buy direct from lotus and have no worries

Guest modifiedv8engines

Paul Ivy lists valves for the Espirt V8 and numerous other Lotus applications

Check out the REC (Race Engine Components) Master catalogue.

REC 868  - 33.5mm

REC869 - 30.0mm

Probably the supplier fro Lotus

Hope this helps

Paul

Edited by modifiedv8engines

• Gold FFM

@Paul:

..interesting hint -as for me those 918 valves look like a wild mixture of constructive parameters from different OEM brands.  The stem size does not match to the valve head of typical Opel (GM) valves in other parts-books , as well as the grooves cut in.  That is why I thoght years ago those must be a small supplier / small maunfacturer part   -and we 'just' need to find now the real source :D

@Alex:  

So the only parts I do not need as reserve for my own engine, in its actual state, those are the std* -bearings/shells     ..as I run a re-surfaced crank with 1-grade undersize.

If you want those -or if you can't get them from Lotus dealers give a note later on.

Good luck with the rebuild !

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..