Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Spotted today on M40 - 2 Evoras - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Spotted today on M40 - 2 Evoras

DJW

Rarely see Evoras on the road, so great to see a dark metallic grey one going north on M40 today, around oxford junction and then 15 mins later a red one pass me going southbound. Re the latter I was never sure of red on the Evora, but after experiencing seeing it in my rear view mirror and then passing, I really liked it !!

Hmmmm dd is up for renewal end of March. Reckon an early'ish red Evora parked next to the red 2-11 would make a nice pair ;)

Dave

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you had been on the M40 / A34 junction last night you would have seen two again, mine and a dark red one.

There seem to be quite a lot in the Oxford area, obviously helped by Enstone but that is not the only story.

C43

Rarely see Evoras on the road, so great to see a dark metallic grey one going north on M40 today, around oxford junction and then 15 mins later a red one pass me going southbound. Re the latter I was never sure of red on the Evora, but after experiencing seeing it in my rear view mirror and then passing, I really liked it !!

Hmmmm dd is up for renewal end of March. Reckon an early'ish red Evora parked next to the red 2-11 would make a nice pair ;)

Dave

On on the guys on here went from a 2-11 to an Evora so you could quiz him on the differences.

C43

Evora & 2-11 is the perfect combo :thumbup:

That's the plan ;)

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

A 2-11 is an Exige 260 Cup without all the weight, but with wind and bugs :D

On the road it feels sensationally fast, and that is partly due to it's completely open nature. Drive it with just a hat and eye protection and it's as much fun as it's possible to have in a car (whilst driving it!). I drove an Exige S 240, which felt heavy and cumbersome compared to the 2-11. You'd never describe an Exige S as slow, but it felt sluggish in comparison.

I also own a 1000cc motorcycle, but if I want a quick adrenaline fix, i choose the 2-11 every time. It's that good.

Rad would indeed be appalling on the road! You can barely get a finger under the front splitter on its normal setting and there a bit fidgety at low speed to say the least.

I've had the pleasure of driving one of my friends cars on a few occasions around Silverstone, Alton and Spa.. the main reason I got into track days! Viciously quick and incredibly good fun with grip that feels beyond physically possible, sequential box tops of what is a mind blowing experience of speed.

Was wondering if the 2-11 was like that.. Going off topic so will shut up and go read some 2-11 threads!

I saw a red Evora on the M25 with what looked like Elise Sports Racer style white stripes.. Number plate suggested Alan?! Only the third I've seen in a year of ownership.. Looked very purposeful. I was unfortunately in the back of an Black S-Class being shipped up to East Mids or that would have been a downshift into third :-D

Cheers,

A ;-)

P.S the owner of the Rad SR3 couldn't believe the level of grip from my Evora on normal P-Zero tyres around Spa in Oct last year.. Thats a huge complement.

Edited by auRouge

I use my dark red Evora S as my day to day car.  Usually down the A34 (due to local flooded roads) towards M4 and along M4 to Bracknell / Heathrow / Brentford depending on the office I'm going to.  Or cross country around Reading, Henley, Maidenhead.  If you see T122 MCD, that's me.