Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
mileage and trip counters blocked - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

mileage and trip counters blocked

Hello,

First things first : I own a 1996 V8, so it's an issue with the old dashboard, not the VDO one.

Last weekend my total kilometers counter was going to reach 50.000.

So to jump from 49.999 to 50.000 it had to change 5 digits blocks... and when it happend the counter stopped, like if it was too much effort to move the 5 digits all in once !

And the trip counter stopped at the same time.

Drove it probably 100km more, stopped and started the cars few times... but nothing moved.

Finally Monday morning driving to the office I decided to gently knock with my fingers on the speedo, and after 20-30 sec of knocking it started to move again !no issue since then.

But I'm a bit worried it could happen again (may at 60.000 lol), so does anyone got the same issue, and something I should look after ?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

you can be happy ..your car will be a 'low mileage' car 

..others (like mine) add miles as soon as the engine runs, even with a parket car, or stopped in heavy traffic

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 2 weeks later...