Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[Ebay-bot] LOTUS ESPRIT GT3 ORANGE 38000 MILES ONLY - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[Ebay-bot] LOTUS ESPRIT GT3 ORANGE 38000 MILES ONLY

ebay

Ah..again the long term advertised massively overpriced and rough as a dog gt3 is up for grabs....

What do you think it should be?

38k is low mileage, apart from the baked bean can exhausts and bass box, it looks OK. unless someone has inspected closely and has different information?

• Like 2

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I like how the price keeps yo-yo-ing...

Seriously the 38,000 is attractive but there's gotta be something off if it ain't selling after what must be 2 years by now... 

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

I like how the price keeps yo-yo-ing...

Seriously the 38,000 is attractive but there's gotta be something off if it ain't selling after what must be 2 years by now... 

All I can see is the stickers being half way up the door, there was another orange one for sale a while ago for ages with a missing sticker on one side I noticed that as soon as the sticker had been replaced it sold. I was thinking of going to have a look at it but the missing sticker made me think of the possibility it had damaged up that side hence the missing sticker.

I like it, more so because of the colour.

It's got to be worth a look by someone if they are in the market, and a genuine 38k miles is very attractive.

If I was looking I'd be on my way over and taking a cheeky punt.

Chunky Lover

I'm in the market but stuck in Stockholm till my passport has been renewed by Her Majesty (at LEAST 4 weeks for expats according to the government homepage) - however if there's one thing I have learned recently while hunting it's that low miles don't guarantee a car that's in good shape, inside or out - this one for instance. How did the owner/PO's manage to almost entirely erase to button graphics on the fascia in 38,000 miles on a car which is 5 years newer than mine...?

I'm more concerned about the underside as I want something that has zero rust (surface or otherwise) anywhere on it and it seems to be an impossible mission with the UK cars regardless of miles..

On a more relevant note, considering how many GT3 owners are reading this, how is it compared to a car with a 910 engine? I've always kinda written them off because I want MORE power in my next Lotus, not less.... but having said that, the model is thoroughly respected by the entire community...

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Its been seen and it isnt good. My friend viewed it last at the end of last yr and confirmed again its tattyness..backstreet garage history with poor parts..rough paint..even the owner said hed take 13k for it. Its been for.sale for a loooooonnnnngggg time

£13k sounds more than fair I'd say. How come he's not advertising it at that then? Seems odd to leave it hanging around getting inevitably worse...!

I actually quite fancy it at that price myself....

Chunky Lover

This car lives close to my parents house, I can't see how I'd never seen it on the road over the years as I drove past the guys house almost everyday up until 3 years ago? I emailed him on ebay once to tell him sorting the stickers out may help get more interest in it, he said he had removed them for his own preference then put a set back on years later with out realising they were in the wrong place? by which point you couldnt get them any more? Not sure if that's true but best to remove or replace if you ask me than leave it as it is.

he also says its always garaged..yet it smells damp inside and has blocked up headlamp pods and signs of the resulting damage from that in the lamps..its not anywhere as good as he wants it to be..servicing has been done 'by a mate at a garage' on a shoestring..my friend who viewed last year bought an excellent example late dash gt3 for much much less.. 

Simon Gleves old GT3, T reg (Chrome Orange) went through an auction in 2012 and sold for 14K to Paul Matty who a few weeks later sold it for around 18K  a nice example but needed a bit of work.

Simon Gleves old GT3, T reg (Chrome Orange) went through an auction in 2012 and sold for 14K to Paul Matty who a few weeks later sold it for around 18K  a nice example but needed a bit of work.

It actually sold for £16,995...... and is in my garage. :D

I am the typical "always wanted one" and should never be allowed to go and buy a car like that. I test drove it and would have given anything they asked for !

How do you try  and get the price down when all you are thinking is "Take all my money, have the wife and kids.... just let me have the car"  ?

I was lucky that all of the known issues and upgrades seem to have been done on my car, the only part not fantastic is the paint... a lot of stone chips.  I had (and still have) very little knowledge of the esprit, so was happy to pay a dealer who included a warranty.

As it happens, the radiator failed and had to be replaced after a month. Paul Matty sorted it out without quibble.

Reading posts from others who have problems from the start, I feel lucky. :animier:

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !