Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
which light? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

which light?

TSD

Question

Which light was used in the G esprit for the front parking lights/turn signals in the bumper? I have a US spec with the amber/amber lenses, and next year come control technique/MOT, I'll need to have clear/amber. It's a Lucas part, but not sure which other cars would have had it.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

10 answers to this question

Guest Troy Halliday

I've got someone trying to track me down some at the moment I'll let you know the details when and if he manages to find them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi TSD

I think this link may help you with the part and the part number

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

Ray

ooops : Just had a look at some pictures of lights on the g cars and its a bit hard to tell but the lenses look to have different markings so I think these may be for the Stevens car and it may be a case of back to the drawing board sorry about that ;)

Edited by Ray

On my S2 the front sidelight/turn light in the bumper has 2 bulbs, one of which has a dual-filament. It seemed that one filament was used for the sidelight and the other was used to earth the whole assembly. I fitted an earth wire using eylets under the mounting screws which helped the indicator flash but does anyone know why there are effectively 3 lights in there?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

A more common application for the lenses was the Mini Clubman.

mini_clubman.gif

http://www.databasen.se/hem/estate/mini/Mini.jpg

Possibly also Triumph GT6

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andy.jacqui/t...s/gt6_front.jpg

So a few British Leyland cars used them.

Edited by GSimpson

On my S2 the front sidelight/turn light in the bumper has 2 bulbs, one of which has a dual-filament.  It seemed that one filament was used for the sidelight and the other was used to earth the whole assembly.  I fitted an earth wire using eylets under the mounting screws which helped the indicator flash but does anyone know why there are effectively 3 lights in there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason the lights are different is due to the dreaded U.S. Federal requirements. On the U.K. /R.O.W Esprits there is a Clear parking/ sidelight and a orange turn signal. On the U.S. cars the whole lense is orange. The turn signal consists of one single filliment bulb ,and uses one of the filliments in the double filliment bulb. The other filliment is for the side / running lamp function. The whole lamp is lit at night and when you operate the signals it brightens in intensity. :D

SUNP0003-1.jpg