Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4S Wheel lug nut pattern - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S4S Wheel lug nut pattern

Guest Rydiak

I am looking into getting a 1995 Esprit S4S soon, and since I live in Chicago and I'd like to continue to be able to drive the Esprit in the next few months I was considering getting another set of wheels with some snow tires on them. What lug nut pattern are the S4S wheels, and does anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket wheels/snow tire combos?

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you're looking to visit your Esprit in the bodyshop, I suggest garaging it in the winter in areas where you get snow/sleet/ice. With no limited slip, you'll not get far in icy conditions. It is not too hard to total an Esprit out due to its construction if you even have small incidents with curbs or guard rails. The car being light does not help the situation either.

Also, the Esprit has very rare bolt pattern and offsets, so you would need to have either custom wheels made (BIG $$$) or have spacers made that will correct for both bolt pattern and offset. Or buy another set of Lotus wheels. Either way, very expensive just for the luxury of crashing your car in the snow.

Patience is a virtue. Wait till the good weather is out to drive it. Or move to California if you want to drive it year round B)

• 5 months later...
Just noticed the modern volvos are using 5 x 108mm stud pattern......

Potental source for aftermarket or cheap workshop tyres???

Simon

For driving you need a 58mm bore (60mm pre S4) because the Esprit relies on hub-centric mounting. You'd need to be careful over the offset too. If the bore's larger than 58mm, they could still be useful for the workshop though.

Phil

More speed, less haste

current mondeo is also 5x108. offset is wrong so would not clear the brake calipers when i tried these on my v8.. been discussed before IIRC.

Spacers for $250 a set (axle) would not add too much to total cost for the wheels if you found a cheap set. JAE has the spacers usually in stock.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm