Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Frequency valve and a WUR - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Frequency valve and a WUR

Autocross7

Greetings all! Has been sometime since I was able to visit, look around, and read up. Hope all is well... however, all is not well on my 88'. Honestly I am stumped. I have done a number of forum searches, looked at the 'books' to the point of being able to re-write the manual...

I have been doing a bit of parts stocking up over the past few months, so I have tossed a number of parts at the problem since I actually had them and did not have to go "shopping" for more than just 1... the WUR.

Issue:
In short, the frequency valve is not propperly working. I replaced it with a new unit I aquired months ago for a shelf spare. No change.

So... cut to the chase...

If I unplug the WUR the frequency valve runs properly. Plug in the WUR and it runs horrid or not at all. The car will not make power without the frequency valve running... the old WUR was at the low end ofthe multi meter ohms read... so I replaced it with one from Special T Auto. It is correct (096 unit)

New parts I have added (not all trying to run down this issue)... but new just the same:

WUR (as noted)

Alternator

RPM Relay (blue base)

Frequency valve

Fuel filter

RPM Replay (black base)

Engine Control Module

Test the AUX Air Valve - it is good

ECU (new in the Lotus plastic)

The wire diagram is really straight forward (and not exactly accurate). The WUR is shown to ground at the unit, but it actually has a black ground wire that runs to a bolt on the intake runner... but the hot wire comes in as a spilt from the frequency valve to the the WUR and then at the WUR there is a split to the AUX Air Valve. Seriously nothing complicated on the diagram! Only somehow the WUR seems to be causing the frequency valve to not operate correctly?

Anyone have any ideas as to why unplugging the WUR would cause the frequency valve to suddenly work correctly (and fail when the WUR is plugges in)?

Thanks!

Cameron

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days