Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
installing freescan. - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

installing freescan.

Jacques

Hi all,

I tried installing freescan v. 2.1.0 on my stationary PC and it seems to start up correctly, awaiting the cable and car connection.

But on my new laptop a lenovo with more than enough gutts to support freescan, it installs, and when I try to start the program, it starts a status messages window from freescan plus it beeps once, telling me, that Freescan did not find the specific file.

Now I've also tried to install it on my older laptop (still a powerfull pc), and it does exactly the same.

If I then click "ok", then comes up a freescan Picture with an empty lower right hand Square. This is tected on my normal pc, that seems to Work with this program.

Is it because only my stationary PC have an old school com port? And what should I do to support and initialise the usb port on either laptop?

What is wrong, and what should I do?

I should note, that it does not matter if I insert the cable or not, to any of the pc's.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh!

Found the problem, I think.

On my old laptop with XP ultimate, I looked into device manager, and looked into com ports, then pointing to the i385 usb driver, but Windows said, that it was already up to date, so I clicked more on which port to use, and instead of com5, I chose com1. Then restarted freescan, and it started as on my Stationary PC.

Now, I will have to do the same on my new laptop (darn win8).

Couldn't they just drop the crappy win8. I don't use a smartphone anyway, so why make it look liek that=

I will report back on what I do in Win8 and also if I manage to make it talk to the Esprit.

Update:

I've now done the same to my new laptop with win8.

So, I click on start (the crappy win button), then chose settings, then chose controlpanel, then chose devicemanager, then chose ports (com and LPT), then chose usb serial port (com 3 ) (her eis the problem), then chose port settings, then chose advanced, then chose com port number, then change it from com3 to com1. Then click OK, then restart Freescan (with the cable already connected.

Then is seems to be okay.

I will test if it finds the Esprit and communicate hopefully tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jacques.

• 11 months later...

Well, it communicates perfectly, and remember to start logging and start communicating with the ecu, and finally, to force data in interact-mode. Then zillions of data flows your way ;)

BTW, Win 10 does the same scrap as win8. So just allocate the port to com1.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Does Espritmon have a recording (logging) function? I haven't tried it yet.

Jacques, with Freescan, did you try changing the port settings within Freescan? I kept trying different port selections on Freescan's control page until I no longer got error messages (I think I got it to work on Port 5).

Edited by Qavion

yes, I did. But once I set Windows to com1, and the same in freescan, it communicates fine.

I've done this just this evening, to log an errorcode #25, which I will be looking at tomorrow (MAT sensor error, or related here to).

No, haven't tried espritmon yet.

Can someone confirm, that freescan reads, translates incorrectly?

Anyway, code 25 in freescan states amongst others, that a a speed below 15Mph is done etc.

In the EMH section of Lotus Service notes, under error code 25, it says above 15mph.

Which is correct?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

I would assume above 15mph. If the vehicle is below 15mph, there will be less air cooling of the engine (so there will be heat soak from the engine interfering with the MAT reading).

Does the chargecooler feel cool to the touch straight after a test run?

I jsut rebuilt all that last year, and everything have been working as intended. Full amount of coolant, Castrol Radicool SF, new gaskets, no loss of coolant, bled everything twice. Car is superquick and on the standard engine makes 298 Hp and 356 Nm.

So, I think I'll try to measure the resistance on the MAT sensor, wiggle the wires, clean the socket etc. Then go take a drive, suddenly stop the car, run out and feel the chargecooler. It could be a broken Down chargecooler internals or the wires or the MAT sensor, or the ECM gone crasy.

I'll report back.

Cheers,

Jacques.