Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
remove a pillar trim - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

remove a pillar trim

Unpeel the leather from under the door seal then the trim is  held in place with 2-3 sping clips that push into the fibreglass so should pull out.  Just hope the last time the screen was replaced they didn't glue pillar trims in place with excess adhesive.  

• Like 1

As the others have pointed out. Its quite easy to get the clips to release if you push them with a screwdriver (just don't touch any live wires in there, and be careful of any tubing running through the A-pillar.

If it's like my car the trim WONT come off - the leather seems to be stuck at the very edge of the windscreen. Be prepared for the worst. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Just hope the last time the screen was replaced they didn't glue pillar trims in place with excess adhesive.  

Like mine, thanks Autoglass :pirate:

Let us know how you get on :unsure:

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 2 weeks later...