Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fitting an aftermarket steering wheel - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fitting an aftermarket steering wheel

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone confirm if I can get an aftermarket hub for a 1991 SE.. I want to switch to OMP but they say they don't supply but I know the fittment is the same as Momo, Mountney etc.

:lol:

Ebay has Momo to Nardi hubs, SJsportscars has them also, and Lotus PBC has them for ALOT$$$$! I made the mistake of getting mine from LPBC for $350USD!

Art

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Thanks Artie - so that's a complete 6-bolt hub unit to replace the standards one, and takes any Momo racing wheel.. any alternatives>?

Edited by M Blur

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

I've been considering fitting a flat botton wheel to give a bit more legroom.

I may be missing something here, but is not all that is needed a ring with 2 sets of holes, 1 countersunk set to screw onto the existing hub where the current wheel attaches, and a new set of offset tapped holes to attach the new wheel. It will bring the wheel out by the depth of the ring that doesnt have to be a lot - provided no horn buttons etc to worry about.

I've been considering fitting a flat botton wheel to give a bit more legroom.

I may be missing something here, but is not all that is needed a ring with 2 sets of holes, 1 countersunk set to screw onto the existing hub where the current wheel attaches, and a new set of offset tapped holes to attach the new wheel. It will bring the wheel out by the depth of the ring that doesnt have to be a lot - provided no horn buttons etc to worry about.

Pretty much! You could have a machine shop make you one from billet aluminum for probably about $50US

Art

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Tks Trav - would prefer an off the shelf - too much other things to do to spend time messing around making hubs to fit.. anyone got a link to a momo boss adaptor?

grant to momo adapter

http://www.sportscar-parts.com/mivastore/m...ategory_Code=29

grant hub

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4509-APC-GR...5QQcmdZViewItem

Johan just made one because he didn't want to wait to order one...

or you might ask Mike Sekinger, he has one on his GT1 replica

http://www.lotusespritgt1.com/replica.html

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought this - ebay item 110060460813 Nardi hub to Momo wheel convertor. Looks like the simplest way to me, and being only 10mm thick should be unobtrusive - providing it fits.

I think they post these on ebay quite regularly.

Russell.

cool - and all I need is the adaptor.. Looks as if I could also use a hub extender also with that.. is the momo fittment the same as the sparco (I think it is?)

Cheers

Jon

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

yep - got a brand spanking new Sparco Atrium flat bottomed rim in black/red leather for hlaf rrp on Ebay.. I really need a full size boss to bring the wheel closer to the seat so I can get a good angle on my arms and still extend the legs.. may even use a boss extender with that to reduce reach further..

this looks perfect..

mm12114121113.jpg

but these guys don't ship outside UK.. aaarrrgghh

https://sportcar.securesites.com

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

• 3 months later...

Hi guys I hate to bring up an old and closed topic, but I as well am switching to a Momo wheel and am not 100% sure which adapter I need. Do I just have to buy a Nardi hub to Momo wheel converter and then the Momo wheel will bolt right up?

Cheers,

Graham