Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bolt-on spacers for 1991 SE Hubs - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bolt-on spacers for 1991 SE Hubs

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon, remember the hub insert on the SE front hubs is 60mm as it is on the rears.

When you're getting new wheels / hub adapters make sure the bore (hub insert) is the same diameter or your wheels wont fit !!

The pre-brembo cars are 60mm front and rear.

Brembo cars are 58mm front and 60mm rear.

I'd check this before buying the wheels as well.

I got around it by upgrading to the later hubs and basically re-fitting the front braking system with the brembo arangement (using AP calipers).

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

punky... waht size are the spacers on your car, front and back?

shade

I've not yet put any on the front but I put 20mm ones on the rear,although the original setup was far from normal with S4S wheels and sport 300 arches the rear wheels looked a little too tucked in and did't fill the arches properly.It looks pretty mean now though but I haven't got any pictures that were taken with them on yet.

Jon, remember the hub insert on the SE front hubs is 60mm as it is on the rears.

When you're getting new wheels / hub adapters make sure the bore (hub insert) is the same diameter or your wheels wont fit !!

The pre-brembo cars are 60mm front and rear.

Brembo cars are 58mm front and 60mm rear.

I'd check this before buying the wheels as well.

I got around it by upgrading to the later hubs and basically re-fitting the front braking system with the brembo arangement (using AP calipers).

Good point Jon - wheels would be made to my spec so hopefully they can account for this - if they know the hub insert then I'm hoping they'll be okay, right? I know I need spacers to clear the current Alcons on the smaller 16/15s.. :lol:

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

oh man, please take some!!! i want to see how those futuras look stuck out a little!!!

shade

I'd love to, but at the moment the engine and gearbox are out and she looks a bit jacked up at the back.

A bit like Starskey and Hutch's Grand Torino :o

When the works finished though I'm shure there will be pics applenty :lol: