Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus esprit dna - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus esprit dna

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could it be the press car?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

In our defence, you honour, we do sometimes get a bit blase about such things.

That picture (and consequently the car pictured in it) formed part of the marketing campaign for the V8 Esprit for around 1999-2000 and appeared in countless magazine adverts, flyers, press packs etc etc.

Seeing that photo again would bring a collective shrug and a 'huh, whatsheonabout?' from the (small) Esprit community because it isn't something out of the ordinary and is well known almost to the point of blandness.

Please don't think Esprit owners/enthusiasts are a cynical p**s taking bunch, cos we're not....well, maybe a bit! :P

In our defence, you honour, we do sometimes get a bit blase about such things.

That picture (and consequently the car pictured in it) formed part of the marketing campaign for the V8 Esprit for around 1999-2000 and appeared in countless magazine adverts, flyers, press packs etc etc.

Seeing that photo again would bring a collective shrug and a 'huh, whatsheonabout?' from the (small) Esprit community because it isn't something out of the ordinary and is well known almost to the point of blandness.

Please don't think Esprit owners/enthusiasts are a cynical p**s taking bunch, cos we're not....well, maybe a bit! :P

Thought it was a simple question although important to me as the car I have was originally first registered, owned by lotus cars ltd and looks identical. So (maybe a bit cynical) p**s taking bunch will understand why I was making enquiries about this car that has appeared in countless magazines ( your words not mine)

Leonard, if you suspect your car is the ex.press demonstrator V8 , why dont you send Lotus your VIN number and get them to confirm or deny it? :P

Wayne B (one of the cynical p*ss taking bunch) :D

Thanks Wayne, sorry I had to be kind of sh**y to get the answer I was requiring. but I am sure you understand when I read some of the bulls*** that has been emailed.

Sorry if you've not got the answers you wanted, Leonard. Wayne is right, the factory are always very helpfull at solving these sorts of puzzles. A quick phonecall will get things rolling.

Your picture shows a photo that is well known and would cause some head scratching due to 'obviousness' of the answer: "That's a factory press photo"

If, however, you had shown a piccie of 'your' car (and not one of the press photos) and asked the same question, there'd probably be more enlightened and helpfull replies.

It's friendly in here, honest!

Sorry if you've not got the answers you wanted, Leonard. Wayne is right, the factory are always very helpfull at solving these sorts of puzzles. A quick phonecall will get things rolling.

Your picture shows a photo that is well known and would cause some head scratching due to 'obviousness' of the answer: "That's a factory press photo"

If, however, you had shown a piccie of 'your' car (and not one of the press photos) and asked the same question, there'd probably be more enlightened and helpfull replies.

It's friendly in here, honest!

Thanks Graham, I know its friendly but as you can see for yourself I was not going anywhere with my question until I stirred some sh**. Sometimes when you ask a simple question you expect a sensible answer sometime.It is the well known photo I am making enquiries about, not my car. No offence intended

Edited by jcbjs 260

wow. :P I thought this was some kind of jokish thread :D

It wasn't clear at least to me what you were getting at...

All Esprits past S4 look the same to me anyway :D

Looks like the exhaust has been changed since.

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

wow. :P I thought this was some kind of jokish thread :D

It wasn't clear at least to me what you were getting at...

All Esprits past S4 look the same to me anyway :D

Looks like the exhaust has been changed since.

I guess you are right slade, my question wasn"t that clear. I fitted the exhaust 2 months ago.

Lots of cars are registered initially by Lotus, or their dealers in particular as a way of "massaging" their sales figs. For dealers in particular they can be paid bonus by factory for shifting a preset target of cars. If they are shy of target it's quite common to register a few to hit target. I'm sure Kimbers in his job could shed more light?

Quite a few of our cars have therefore started life with Lotus or a dealer before being shifted on with low miles.

I'm not saying yours isn't a special one but I wouldn't read too much into it first being owned by Lotus either. As Wayne suggests, the factory can tell you. They told me mine used to be silver (but that's another story!).

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg