Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Interior Light Stays On When Door Shut - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Interior Light Stays On When Door Shut

I'm having an intermittent (mostly not working properly) interior light issue. Obviously there are three positions for the light (on, off, on when door open), but mine often stays on when the door is shut. I've had it working properly as well, so am aware that it should go off as soon as the door shuts.

I've tried pushing the door switches to see if it's one of those not connecting or something, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Has anyone else had this? I'm wondering if it's the switch in the light itself, but then it is on - it just doesn't go off...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ian,

It will stay on for around 60 seconds if you have opened the door and have the ignition on then shut it again , I think if you just open and shut to door is should go off immediately.

Lotus Exige LF1 Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Hi Ian,

Try adjusting the light position in the vertical plane. It rotates slightly on the long axis (if that makes sense) and will go from on / 60 seconds on after door as stated by Steve / always off.

Took me a little while to figure that one as well,

Cheers,

Z

Hi Z, I've already discovered that - it doesn't matter which position it's in, other than Off, the light stays on permanently. This is whether I've just got in the car (ignition not on) or arrived at my destination and just turned the ignition off.

Now that Stratstone Leicester is shutting down, I've nowhere nearby to go to see if it's a warranty issue!