Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Proud new owner of 1990 Red SE - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Proud new owner of 1990 Red SE

:D

Today I became the 5th owner of H244 XUG, a 55 000 mile Red SE that appeared in a featured article of EVO Magazine back in 1996. I have been leaping around the room like a mad thing and cannot drag myself away from staring at the site from my office window!

It needs a new horn, will prob get it resprayed (paintwork a bit dodgy), and hopefully not much else wrong with it. The inspector seemed to think it was a bargain at

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I became the 5th owner of H244 XUG, a 55 000 mile Red SE that appeared in a featured article of EVO Magazine back in 1996. I have been leaping around the room like a mad thing and cannot drag myself away from staring at the site from my office window!

:(

It needs a new horn, will prob get it resprayed (paintwork a bit dodgy), and hopefully not much else wrong with it. The inspector seemed to think it was a bargain at

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

look forward to seeing pics :P I remember how nice it was to get my car... on an ebay auction :D  not the best way to buy an Esprit of all things, I managed to get lucky though if you can call it that.

It's a great feeling :D

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

July 17th? Well early happy birthday and what a great gift to drive your first esprit being on your 21st, you may also notice strange thing happens to the local girls at the pub when you pull up in it too :) Wishing you a shagtastic time!

Hey well done! :)

Must get Bibs to search our memberlist, as i think you must be our youngest

Esprit owner, and some sort of prize or special acolade must be in order!

PS, remember to vote in the 'What are you owning poll', get the SE back to the top! :D

Hey well done!  :)

Must get Bibs to search our memberlist, as i think you must be our youngest

Esprit owner, and some sort of prize or special acolade must be in order! 

PS, remember to vote in the 'What are you owning poll', get the SE back to the top!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey... I'm still the youngest, have been for nearly a week :P (And S3 turbos will always rule the poll B) )

Seriously, it's good to have someone else around my age who loves these things (I turned twenty last month, I've owned the Esprit since I was 17)

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Well done James.

Looks as though you'll be stuck just working on it over the next 4ish weeks - which is not a bad thing at all. I spent yesterday just cleaning the headlamps - which was enjoyable :D

You are going to keep it as RED aren't you ??

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Hi again,

Thanks for you well-wishes. Yes I will doing a bit of work on over the coming month, and I will be keeping it Calypso red whatever happens (so don't worry). :)

Got my garage sorted out now so feel free to have a peek! :D

Wow! An esprit at 17! That's quite something... :P

Have voted in the poll as well... July can't come quickly enough! B)

July 17th? Well early happy birthday and what a great gift to drive your first esprit being on your 21st, you may also notice strange thing happens to the local girls at the pub when you pull up in it too :) Wishing you a shagtastic time!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hahaha.... I so hope you're right :D

Ok thats the car

now buy a

1. stinger

2. replace your exhaust

3. buy an other air intake fiter

4. a # 6 red race chip

5. bigger injectors

6. other shocks

7. other wheels (minimum 17 inch

8. other brakes

Then drive it again

You'll know why you don't need a 8 cilinder having more power than a S4S

but with a better drivability

be sensible : drive the car the least once a week

fave fun

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

B) Calypso red all the way! I'm not knocking other colors and i've even owned two other red cars, but DAMN this car looks great in the sun.

PS: I know that I'm going to get it from the monaco white crowd

I know most people can't wait for their 21st birthday but you've got the best reason ever. Congratulations and have fun!

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

B) Calypso red all the way! I'm not knocking other colors and i've even owned two other red cars, but DAMN this car looks great in the sun.

PS: I know that I'm going to get it from the monaco white crowd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Yeah... I thought long and hard about which colour to go for an SE in...

[iN MY OPINION ONLY.... :P ]

I like black a lot... put it with a Guigaro model and you almost have Kit the Car! Def a nice colour for esprits but also becoming a very common sportscar colour these days...

Green and Blue are nice, but I think better suited to the V8s. (not sure why... :( )

Norfolk Mustard Yellow seems to be a must for the S4

Silver is nice, but reminds me too much of mercedes & is a pretty common supercar colour these days.

And white is great too but I've had white sportscars before and I find they only look good in bright sunshine.

And red is a but cliched, and does have the 'ferrari' image - but I think the SE can really carry it off. I also think it works well on all the early stevens models.

Orange and Grey.... not for me but maybe for someone!

Yeah... I thought long and hard about which colour to go for an SE in...

[iN MY OPINION ONLY....  :(  ]

I like black a lot... put it with a Guigaro model and you almost have Kit the Car! Def a nice colour for esprits but also becoming a very common sportscar colour these days...

Green and Blue are nice, but I think better suited to the V8s. (not sure why...  :( )

Norfolk Mustard Yellow seems to be a must for the S4

Silver is nice, but reminds me too much of mercedes & is a pretty common supercar colour these days.

And white is great too but I've had white sportscars before and I find they only look good in bright sunshine.

And red is a but cliched, and does have the 'ferrari' image - but I think the SE can really carry it off. I also think it works well on all the early stevens models.

Orange and Grey.... not for me but maybe for someone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, I get "KITT" as much as I do Ferrari, but I get Lamborghini most of all :( Black and Red are always good ways to go :( I agree black is a bit common nowadays, but I love it on my turbo. White looks great on G turbos, even though I'm not a fan of white in general

Yellow and Orange are especially great on S1-S2 models as well as Stevens cars, I think someone here got a yellow G turbo that looks great. Anything eye catching :(

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Silver (too common, plain), dark red, Lotus racing green, blue, etc. I like bright colors :P

That said I barely care about color... I would have bought mine if it were pink :(

slade