Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Group buy - electric VDO speedo - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Group buy - electric VDO speedo

Hey guys, is anyone interested in a group buy from Redline http://www.redlinegaugeworks.com/contact.asp. ?   They take our mechanical OEM speedos and make them electric and roughly the same physical size.  They also supply an adapter for the UN1 gearbox so that it sends an electric signal to said converted speedo.  Thus any cable driven issues are non existant and we have perfectly functioning speedometers and no more needle shaking!  The cost will be $600 usually but if we get good numbers he can do less...not sure how much less at present, maybe $400-$500 AUD

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus any cable driven issues are non existant and we have perfectly functioning speedometers and no more needle shaking!

....and when refitting the instrument binnacle... no more bruised and bloodied fingers getting the drive cable back on : )

Do they need our old gauges?

I notice the bezel in Simon's car is not flat.

And how hard is it to run the wiring through the chassis and power the components? :-/

Bought it new for $100 when I brought the car back here from the UK.  Lucky find on Ebay.

I wrote a thread on the install here on the forum somewhere.  Quite simple, removed the old mechanical and just pushed the new one into the hole, plugged in the wires from the ECU in (as they were there already - installed by Lotus) and calibrated  the speedo (pulses per minute requirement) as per the instructions.

Yes this VDO speedo has a different bezel, but I'm not fazed - hard to tell when installed with the binnacle back on.

I took a pic below during the install which shows two connectors going to the lighting and then a pwr, gnd and data line from the ecu.  They all just plug straight into the back.  It was all pretty easy.

Dash2.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017