Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Clutch Slave Cylinder - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Clutch Slave Cylinder

maydharm

Hi All,

I think I need a new clutch slave cylinder, for my "96" V8, I tried to select a gear, dipped the clutch but had no peddle, checked and found the reservoir to be dry, I found the fluid under the car. Does anyone have the part cross reference for the SLAVE CYLINDER and is it much of a job. Should I change the fluid line for a braded one whilst I'm under the car? I understand the original one can expand under load when it gets hot.

Cheers Jon

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Providing the slave is the same as the later cars, then it's easiest to remove the boot floor. You then have clear access to unbolt the slave from the bellhousing, I've just changed mine though I bought a genuine one

I'm looking to pull the engine for turbo rebuild and other bits so the floor will be coming out. Thanks for the advice though. Still no parts cross over, anyone :hope: ?

cheers Jon.

• 2 weeks later...

A082Q6031F should be the official Lotus part you need. I'm having to replace mine too on my '97 as I lost all my fluid and the %*$*$&# that last worked on my car cross-threaded both the bleed-nipple and bundy line connections!! 

I have read that part 266694 for a Land Rover Series 2/2A can be made to work with "limited" modification.

Edited by AgentOO7

• 1 month later...

My new setup, new slave cylinder from PNM Engineering + bundy braided hose connection.

post-18616-0-85878400-1428497134.jpg

post-18616-0-38490400-1428497145.jpg

Now if only I can purge all the dang air out the line <g>

• 3 weeks later...

The clutch slave on my car fails every 10,000 miles or so. Replacement is easy and cheap but be careful not to drop the plunger bar into the bell housing. My car is a 97 V8 and still has the red plastic clutch hose in the front boot.

• 2 weeks later...

I am about to change the master/ slave and braided hose, I sourced them from SJ Sportscars including the Girling slave but on their advice also bought a Wildwood master that they claimed is better than the original, anyone got any helpful tips on replacing all 3 items??