Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AVO Dampers and Sport 300 spring advice - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AVO Dampers and Sport 300 spring advice

Evening all, 

I have the AVO and Sport 300 springs and am at the fitting stage but has anyone got any advice as to where/what is the best setting on the damper for the spring to sit ? I obviously haven't tried it yet but to have the spring resting on the very bottom of the damper looks like it could be too low....anyone out there with any experience on this ? 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Start high and work your way down...  If you set the car back on the ground, with the shock spring perches too low, then you won't be able to get the jack back under the car...

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

well each shock and spring combination will be different.  I have JRZ double adjustable race dampers with 300lbf/in x 8" front springs and 350lbf/in x 10" rear springs, and I put the front springs to where I thought would be a good starting point.. and then I couldn't get the jack back under the car!

So I'm here now withe the fronts and rears at 168mm ride height (stock is 170mm measure under the front chassis Tee and the rear chassis hoop).

Front

IMG_5278.JPG

Rear

IMG_5034.JPG

Here's how my car sits at 168mm

IMG_4902.JPG

Here's my fiend with Konis (his front is custom and not applicable)

DSC05371.jpg

Here's my old SPAX at 170mm, with stock 89SE springs

P6210190.JPG

P3220017.JPG

Basically start in the upper middle of the adjustment, and then don't pull your jack out if it is sitting on the jack when you lower it back down.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE