Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Part cross references needed - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Part cross references needed

Hi guys

I'm still repairing, but need some bits................

has anyone done their own cambelts? Did you manage to find the gates? belt number?

What about the tensioner bearings?

did you make your own setting tools (crank position and 4 x cam position)? willing to sell a set on?

has anyone in the UK made their own clavis gauge?

side light / Indicator unit?

driveshaft oil seals

track rod end

spark plugs NGK

Thanks in advance

Glyn

looking good for Donnington B)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Glyn,

I can only help you with the home made clavis gauge, you need laptop/computer with mic input, a decent microphone and Tune!it 3.40 software (very cheap and 30 days trial). I you search the forum for Tuneit or Tune!it you get all the info.

Freek

Esprit Freak

Glyn,

I'll have a word with Pete for you. He has a clavis gauge and all the setting tools necessary for a cam belt change. You may have to leave a deposit as these parts aren't cheap.

As for plugs, you're stuck with the NGK ones http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/ They are still

Edited by superdavelotus

hi dave and thanks .....

I wonder if we could measure the pins etc for the cam setting and get them made?

I have heard of clavis gauges being made with microphones and some osciloscope software on a laptop?

My lad works for motormania and can get parts at cost for me - lucky !!! so dont need to be a cheapskate on that one !!!!!!!!!

Whats a camero?? is there a UK car that is fits??

Thanks, better get back to teaching :D

Glyn

Glyn,

I'll have a word with Pete for you. He has a clavis gauge and all the setting tools necessary for a cam belt change. You may have to leave a deposit as these parts aren't cheap.

As for plugs, you're stuck with the NGK ones http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/ They are still

Right,

There is no UK car for track rod ends, I've checked.

Pete has the pins etc for a cambelt change. If you want to get your own made then be my guest.

He also has a clavis gauge. Don't mess around with software etc.

For the cam locating pins:

I went to my local tool supply store and bought 4 3/16 inch pin punches. They fit perfect and were easy to use. The diameter is closer to the initial setting pin than to the belt change pin, so they are a bit more accurate than what the dealer would use. As long as you are just doing a replacement you can simply set all 4 camshaft pins and be confident that the crank is properly located. Then confirm crank location visually, mark, and then ensure that you do not move it durning belt replacement.

Good luck!

Rod

post-1270-1166109906.jpg

Rod

98 Esprit V8

Dynamic Racing Turbos

Water Injection

Factory Red ECU

3 bar MAP piggyback

Straight-through exhaust

TurboXS BOVs

Blitz I-color boost control + Wide-band AFR

Porsche/Getrag G50/52 Transmission (...coming soon someday)

Hi Glyn,

I can only help you with the home made clavis gauge, you need laptop/computer with mic input, a decent microphone and Tune!it 3.40 software (very cheap and 30 days trial). I you search the forum for Tuneit or Tune!it you get all the info.

Freek

Thanks Freek

Could you supply the 'Trust' microphone model numer?

Thanks

Glyn

Hi Dave

Just checked the sparkglug site

I found it recommended BKR6EKC at 2.89+vat, and not the

Hello Glyn,

I used the trust MC220G which is the same as the MC2200. I bought this one because its frequency range starts at 20 Hz and has a flexible gooseneck. BTW with TuneIt you can also calibrate the whole with a good pitchfork.

Freek

Below information I pulled of the Trust website.

Technical specifications - Flexible Microphone MC-2200

Flexible Microphone MC-2200 (Silverline Microphone MC220G)

Technical Specifications

High sensitive condenser microphone; with noise cancellation

High quality sound

Suitable for every sound card

Suitable for video conferencing

Impedance 2,2k Ohm

Frequency range 20 - 17000 Hz

3.5 mm stereo plug

Includes on/off switch

Retail box

Product size (HxWxD): 1 x 142 x 345 mm

Gross weight: 0,19 Kg

Edited by fjmuurling

Esprit Freak

Hello Glyn,

I used the trust MC220G which is the same as the MC2200. I bought this one because its frequency range starts at 20 Hz and has a flexible gooseneck. BTW with TuneIt you can also calibrate the whole with a good pitchfork.

Freek

Fantastic, thanks for that I will get one ordered.

Cheers

Glyn

I've been doing my research on the driveshaft (axle) oil (lipseal) seals. I believe finding the seals and o-rings is not a problem. Several places carry these seals and o-rings for the Renault tyranny. I even found them on a Delorean web site.

The seals run about $30 to $45 each (US dollars).

But according to the service notes you must install these seals with a special installer tool. Which no one seems to have and I can't seem to locate one yet.

JoeyO

2001 V8

Edited by joeyoesprit

JoeyO

2001 V8 - Silver

2007 Ducati 1098

BTW with TuneIt you can also calibrate the whole with a good pitchfork.

Just re-read the quote Freek, what size PITCHFORK do I need, 3 or 4 pronged !!!

I guess you mean tuning fork, or is it an Americanism :P

Does anyone have access to a cambelt for what is written on it? I called 'Gates' in the UK to find out details for the 4-pot version.

Jeff at JAE quotes half the price for belts over in the UK !!

Has anyone drawn up the crank alignment and cam alignment tools (4.2mm diameter)? Dave, thanks for the offer of the loan parts, but wherever possible I always like to buy - just in case!!

Joey - Jeff says most folks just use a large socket!!

Cheers

Glyn

I've just found this image on ebay for cambelts.

The info on the belt is just the Lotus part number

a8_1_b.JPG

Does anyone have the length, size of teeth, profile and anything else I've forgotten?

Thanks

Glyn