Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Freescan file for review - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Freescan file for review

I just took a look at it and it seems OK, although your IAC value seems to settle at 60 when warm, which will affect warm start performance. But I didn't see anything out of the ordinary that would worry me about emissions (and I recently had my SE fail emissions due to bad injectors, this was revealed by a BLM of 225 or so)...

Your water temp checks out, O2 seems to be functioning fine, idle revs are normal. I've only been checking idle performance though. I'm guessing that's how the test will be performed? (idle and raised idle?)

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Thanks Vanya, it seems to run just fine, but wanted to make sure nothing would stick out obviously. I saw that my new chargecooler pump (electric) is working well, worth the effort in plumbing and wiring.

Thanks Travis, installed the MB electric chargecooler pump, quite pleased with it. IAC being high is either a manifold leak somewhere or a throttle screw adjustment? I find it nearly impossible to get a screwdriver on the screw adjustment.

I adjust mine with the regular flathead from the toolbox that comes with the car :) - its fiddly but not too hard. Just find the groove in the screw head and turn ever so slightly to the right to bring the counts down. Do not put in the screwdriver and turn in hope of catching the groove as you may inadvertently over adjust. It takes some time to stabilize in Freescan, so make small adjustments.

leaks usually give a raised idle and yours seems fine. never hurts to check all hoses and elbows though...

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

I'm happy to report the Esprit sailed right through emissions test. The test is at idle and then 45 seconds between 3300 and 4500 rpm - I warned the technician about expecting a pop or two when I backed off the throttle, but he obviously was not expecting the decibel level of the turbo barks when I let off the pedal - he jumped just a bit ;-)

She's running good and just got new tires! Just need to get some brake pads installed soon and it's ready for some twisties.

Thanks for the guidance fellas, much appreciated.