Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Indicator audible ticks - Page 4 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Indicator audible ticks

Neal H, checked my LF1 (2015 build) and only the 4 buttons light up on mine.

Just received my relay today, will fit later....

1 minute ago, PaulLF1 said:

Neal H, checked my LF1 (2015 build) and only the 4 buttons light up on mine.

Just received my relay today, will fit later....

Check your dimmer. It's exactly like Neal said. The lights are crappy. If you dim your dash lightning some lights are off

18 minutes ago, ArthouseCompany said:

Check your dimmer. It's exactly like Neal said. The lights are crappy. If you dim your dash lightning some lights are off

Dimmer on full brightness, the heater controls do not light up still.

• Like 1

I actually reduced the brightness on my instruments recently because it was too bright, but I'm sure they have never worked. I will try turning it right up again just to be certain.

I'm booked in for an annual service in a few weeks so I'll get the dealer to look into it!

The later cars probably do not light up, cost saving by Lotus I reckon, or weight reduction.:rofl:

Back on topic, does this relay cover the hazard warning light switch?

1 hour ago, ArthouseCompany said:

OK, pardon my ignorance, especially as I posted that nighttime shot, but I didn't realise there was a dimmer! Anyone care to tell me where it is? :blush:

2 minutes ago, StephVG said:

OK, pardon my ignorance, especially as I posted that nighttime shot, but I didn't realise there was a dimmer! Anyone care to tell me where it is? :blush:

Right hand side of steering wheel. The button used to cycle through the display, hold down and it will start to dim the display, then hold down again to brighten the display, well that is how it works on mine.

From the parts manual, the dials are supposed to light up, part number 3.

I've asked Lotus to see if they can clarify....

Panel.jpg

When I dim the dash, only the speedo and rev counter dim, all the button lights remain constant.

I will go and check again....

Nothing, the dials do not light up on full brightness, the rest of the buttons in the cabin light up and do not change irrespective of  brightness/dimness, electric windows, heated screen, heated seats, ac etc.

I think they should light up, otherwise you cannot see what you are doing. Have emailed Lotus to clarify.

On 08/02/2016 at 12:37, Neal H said:

I actually reduced the brightness on my instruments recently because it was too bright, but I'm sure they have never worked. I will try turning it right up again just to be certain.

I'm booked in for an annual service in a few weeks so I'll get the dealer to look into it!

Did you check this out on full brightness? Mine do not light up at all.

Let me know as I have emailed Lotus for clarification.

I can't check this at the moment as currently my instruments are dead! No working dials, display, warning lights or back lighting. After having my re-trim done I suspect a connector or something hasn't been reconnected properly. I need to take the car back next week to get it looked at.

I'm 99% sure though that mine have never worked. My instrument back lighting was very bright and I never had any back lighting on the heater controls.

14 hours ago, Neal H said:

I can't check this at the moment as currently my instruments are dead! No working dials, display, warning lights or back lighting. After having my re-trim done I suspect a connector or something hasn't been reconnected properly. I need to take the car back next week to get it looked at.

I'm 99% sure though that mine have never worked. My instrument back lighting was very bright and I never had any back lighting on the heater controls.

Hope you get it sorted. I'll post any replies from Lotus....

1 hour ago, PaulLF1 said:

Hope you get it sorted. I'll post any replies from Lotus....

Thanks. I'll also drop an email to Lotus Silverstone who supplied the car to see what they say. It's booked in for service on 5th March so they can (hopefully) fix it then!

I've had a reply back from Lotus:

The heater controls should be back illuminated, so unfortunately there is a fault with your Exige which will require dealer rectification under warranty, usually a new control unit, takes about an hour or less to fit.

3 hours ago, PaulLF1 said:

I've had a reply back from Lotus:

The heater controls should be back illuminated, so unfortunately there is a fault with your Exige which will require dealer rectification under warranty, usually a new control unit, takes about an hour or less to fit.

Did you also mention that the indicators don't tick so can they fix that under warranty :)

Indeed, the heater dials lit up on my '13, '14 and '15 V6s, though interestingly I can't balance the brightness on my Cup's to the speedo/tacho dials quite right, the heater lighting is just a bit too dim when I have the others just right. Nonetheless, they work.  

29 minutes ago, Neal H said:

Did you also mention that the indicators don't tick so can they fix that under warranty :)

Yes I did, reply was an audible warning is not a legal requirement in Europe hence the lack of ticks. Lotus did say they get a lot of customer feedback on this missing feature.

I think the latest Exiges do tick now, not sure about the latest Elise model.

I don't mind sorting out the relay change myself, I did not ask Lotus if they would cover the lack of tick under warranty, I don't think they would anyway, but at least I am getting the backlight sorted under the warranty, should be easy to fix.

• 1 month later...
On 12-3-2016 at 19:28, Kristof Thys said:

it takes 30 seconds to replace the relay... happy ticking away!

Yes it took you 30 seconds to replace the relay but it took you 5 minutes to get under the dash and 5 minutes to get out again :P

• 2 weeks later...