Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2bular on 2zr-fe, anyone here got one? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2bular on 2zr-fe, anyone here got one?

• 1 month later...

It took some R&D'ing this manifold I can tell you.

The base dyno runs showed almost exactly what Lotus claimed. The torque was particularly impressive from the longer stroke and I didn't want to damage that by going too big on the manifold bore.

I couldn't find a willing owner in the UK but a German owner stepped forward.

Dyno runs and ECU tune were done at Komotec. I've seen those gains on a 2ZZ install with my 4-1 etc - there's more to come on this 2ZR with further ECU tuning.

The recommended 2bular exhaust system is usually the 8"dia because this is one noisy motor.

It took some R&D'ing this manifold I can tell you.

The base dyno runs showed almost exactly what Lotus claimed. The torque was particularly impressive from the longer stroke and I didn't want to damage that by going too big on the manifold bore.

I couldn't find a willing owner in the UK but a German owner stepped forward.

Dyno runs and ECU tune were done at Komotec. I've seen those gains on a 2ZZ install with my 4-1 etc - there's more to come on this 2ZR with further ECU tuning.

The recommended 2bular exhaust system is usually the 8"dia because this is one noisy motor.

Who is able to do the ecu tune on the 2zr-fe in the UK?

Edited by macey

Essex Autosport have the software to do this.

Jim do you know of anyone else nearer to Scotland? I'm tempted but seriously put off by the near 1,000 mile round trip to get it done.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

OK, thanks for the feedback and info Jim. Need to factor the trip to EA into my buying equation as would want the ECU retune to unleash the full wrath of your excellent system....  :)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 8 months later...

Had a 220 Cup fitted with the full 2bular system (4-1 + HJS catalyser + 8"dia system) on the Komo-tec dyno today to let Daniel do his stuff. I need a tune which can be e-mailed to clients anywhere - Komo-tec can do this. Available soon.

Initial power gain - 227ps to 259ps - more details to follow.

2bular 2016 156.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Jim. Any news on whether you're well researched and proven designs will continue to be available in the future for Lotus?

Don't want to hijack this thread but these great results become a moot point depending on the future direction 2bular takes.

Many thanks.

The small print.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Jim. Any news on whether you're well researched and proven designs will continue to be available in the future for Lotus?

Don't want to hijack this thread but these great results become a moot point depending on the future direction 2bular takes.

Many thanks.

Ach, I think my throwaway remark that the new guy "didn't like Lotus" got blown out of all proportion. I try not to post on forums these days as I get e-mails/txts telling me to "get my order done - stop posting on .......... wherever!"

2bular will ALWAYS have a range of Lotus exhausts - couldn't leave the market to the numpties! Who's going to design/build a manifold that achieves those gains? New batch of the 2ZR 4-1's already underway.

• Like 2

That's great to know Jim and thanks for the update. I'll let you get back to the steel :)

If you get around to one for the Evora NA, with Daniel, then I reckon he could combine with his Carbon CAI to offer an Evora NA 325 kit. That would be something....

The small print.

• 3 months later...

Hi Simon, i will. Jim is making a new exhaust for me, (long story) for now i have the standard exhaust with 2Bular manifold and 200cell cat. With the standard exhaust the sound is not very exciting ;-) For me i just want the power! 

Edited by HansCup

@2bular Exhausts - Jim, just wanted to thank you for turning around my order for the Evora Headers and Sports Cat so quickly through Craig Moncrieff.  I know Craig checked with you re suitability to connect it to the existing Lotus Sport Tit Tipped exhaust I had and it does work really nice. A little droney (the exhaust that is) but nothing to right home about. It was a choice between a new exhaust for the noise, or, the headers and sports cat for the performance. I know the headers were more expensive, but I am now convinced I absolutely made the right choice first. I can always very easily upgrade to one of your exhausts now in the future if I want more noise.

Overall, I'm absolutely flooking delighted with the result - I've run it now for about 800 miles, no engine lights or warning lights showed at any time (I know you said to Craig it might happen but the ECU would sort itself out) and what a difference to the noise from the exhaust - lots more pops, gurgles and farts and the car just genuinely feels much more looser now in the mid range, especially winding it up from say 30mph in 4th for a lazy overtake - just seems to spin up faster so definitely some good improvements there to torque / HP etc.

Thanks again for turning this around. One very happy customer here :)

The small print.

Yes. Sorry. However treat it as general feedback on quality of 2bular products to support a supplier choice / buying decision ;)

• Like 1

The small print.