Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Adjusting V6 CUP Suspension - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Adjusting V6 CUP Suspension

The adjustment for the nitrons at the front are under the front lid where the washer bottle is and the rears are in the boot either side, one by the battery and the other opposite. In the dry I go harder three clicks from standard.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

There's also rebound adjustment at the bottom of the shocks. It's easy to reach with full steering lock on the front wheels but a bit more tricky at the rear.

It's clockwise turns to firm them up. I was told that shocks are best adjusted from full hard back, something to do with the way they are designed. Don't know if that's true of these particular Nitrons but no harm in assuming that's the case.

I've gone for 3 clicks firmer than the default factory settings (which are roughly half way through the range) all round which felt great at Spa and is still fine on the road so I've kept it that way. I'll be going to Goodwood on Tuesday and will be experimenting further with the help of a Pro driver. Will report my findings here.

The adjustment for the nitrons at the front are under the front lid where the washer bottle is and the rears are in the boot either side, one by the battery and the other opposite. In the dry I go harder three clicks from standard.

Trevor.

Yes, mine is a CUP.

So overall three clicks clockwise to make it firmer on track then.

Thanks!

There's also rebound adjustment at the bottom of the shocks. It's easy to reach with full steering lock on the front wheels but a bit more tricky at the rear.

It's clockwise turns to firm them up. I was told that shocks are best adjusted from full hard back, something to do with the way they are designed. Don't know if that's true of these particular Nitrons but no harm in assuming that's the case.

I've gone for 3 clicks firmer than the default factory settings (which are roughly half way through the range) all round which felt great at Spa and is still fine on the road so I've kept it that way. I'll be going to Goodwood on Tuesday and will be experimenting further with the help of a Pro driver. Will report my findings here.

I don't even know if mine is at default setting or not.

Yes 3 clicks firmer than default front and rear, with front rebound also 3 clicks firmer, but rear rebound still factory. But that's just what felt good at Spa on a hot day with the Trofeo's right up to temperature. It's no hardship on the roads like that so I've just left it there. It was driven by Ron Simons who has done development work for suspension companies so if there was anything out of sorts I'm sure he would have mentioned it. He was very happy with the car's set up.

As mentioned I'll do some experimenting at Goodwood on Tuesday. A very talented young Pro driver will be taking the wheel and I'll ask him to have a play with the suspension, he also has an engineering background so a very good man to ask.

• Like 1

Yes 3 clicks firmer than default front and rear, with front rebound also 3 clicks firmer, but rear rebound still factory. But that's just what felt good at Spa on a hot day with the Trofeo's right up to temperature. It's no hardship on the roads like that so I've just left it there. It was driven by Ron Simons who has done development work for suspension companies so if there was anything out of sorts I'm sure he would have mentioned it. He was very happy with the car's set up.

As mentioned I'll do some experimenting at Goodwood on Tuesday. A very talented young Pro driver will be taking the wheel and I'll ask him to have a play with the suspension, he also has an engineering background so a very good man to ask.

So both bump and rebound need to be adjusted?

The rebound doesn't "need" to be adjusted, I haven't touched mine as I don't know what I'm doing and feels fine as it is. Will be at Goodwood with Jonny on Tuesday so perhaps learn a little more. If you're not sure what you are doing I would leave changing settings until the car feels uncomfortable (less controlled) on track.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Thanks that's interesting....

I'd be interested to have feedback following Goodwood on Tuesday if you don't mind.

Do you know what the factory default settings are, because you need to start from there. You mentioned that you don't have a manual.

Think it's 7 clicks from full hard on the compression (canister/reservoir) both front & rear

12 clicks on the front rebound & 14 on the rear rebound both from full hard (shock bottom)

That's from memory though rebound settings could possibly be the other way round.....

Ok so I have that the wrong way round....

Lotus factory settings for Nitron suspension on a V6 cup are (measured from full hard that's fully clockwise)

Front:- Bump 7 clicks Rebound 14 clicks

Rear:- Bump 7 clicks Rebound 12 clicks

As above bump is on the canister rebound is on the bottom of the shock

Hope that helps

• Like 1

I just being told that mine is on CupR geometry setting, set by Hangar 111.

I guess I just have to play with those setting until I'm comfortable with the car on track.

Got slightly lost in explanation, but car was set to Cup R geo by Lotus Motorsport at its first service, not Hangar111. As Pits has said, stiffen the damper by turning the adjustment on the bottom of the damper. I would advise keeping note of what you have done, and measure it with either clicks from full hard, or clicks from full soft. You will feel the clicks when you turn the adjuster. If you keep note, it makes it easier to change according to the weather.

Just out of interest, which driver?